2 network cards...double the bandwith!! can it be done??

seanoliver128

Beta member
the idea was thrown around in a computer games magazine a while ago.

I thought someone might have made it work by now. heaps of my friends have a pci network card and an intergrated one on there motherboard. Even making one card hook up to the gateway and making the other run file sharing would be nice. Or one to upload and one to download. Sick of game pings goin thru the roof wen ppl start leachin off me

seanoliver128 said:
the idea was thrown around in a computer games magazine a while ago.

I thought someone might have made it work by now. heaps of my friends have a pci network card and an intergrated one on there motherboard. Even making one card hook up to the gateway and making the other run file sharing would be nice. Or one to upload and one to download. Sick of game pings goin thru the roof wen ppl start leachin off me

Yes, you can indeed. Thing is, you have to PAY for dual lines. That is what I did back home, dual 4Mb lines for a total of around 8Mb/sec! It is called syntho line or SHOTGUNNING or BRIDGING. Windows can autobridge the connections quite easily.

seanoliver128 said:
Thats not exactly what i meant. I meant 2 network cards on a LAN. Any other suggestions ppl??

Yes it is... if you bridge the connections, teh bandwidth doesnt physically work together... it simply binds the two connections into a sythetic partnership which allows both to run together, but still act as seperate identies.

Back
Top Bottom