2 min window load?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Is it supposed to take 2 min to load windows? When i start my comp up it loads all the black screen stuff in like 2 sec, but when it hits the Windows load part it takes 2 min, what could make it go faster? New HDD, more Ram?

i have 3800+ x2 dual core AMD CPU
1gig of Kingstion DDR400
and a 40gb HDD (dont know which kind)

thank you

and the DFI LandParty nF4 SLI motherboard

Well...you couldn't really upgrade anything to make it go faster.

How long have you had the Windows installation up and running? Have you ever defragmented to place the boot up files at the start of the hard drive, which may improve the speed since it doesn't have to search different parts for the appropiate files. So you can gain some speed from that.

Your system though is superb, so don't worry about that!

Kage said:
Well...you couldn't really upgrade anything to make it go faster.

How long have you had the Windows installation up and running? Have you ever defragmented to place the boot up files at the start of the hard drive, which may improve the speed since it doesn't have to search different parts for the appropiate files. So you can gain some speed from that.

Your system though is superb, so don't worry about that!

its been doing this since i built my new computer, and my last computer wich wasnt as good as this one loaded like in 15-30sec, but i dont know this was my first computer i made, but everything runs great, just the windows loads SSSLLLOOOWWWWW... i have defragged my comp, so what can i do to fix this pain the ass problem

thanks for your help

rusbo.uk said:
do some uninstaling of shitty prograams you have downloaded, it worked for me!

heh thats not the prob, its been doing it ever since i built this new comp, and my comp is only 2 weeks old so its still fresh, and i dont have alot of programs on it

what rpm does the hdd have?
Though even if it would be like 5400 it shouldn't take windows that long to load.

mammikoura said:
what rpm does the hdd have?
Though even if it would be like 5400 it shouldn't take windows that long to load.

i dont know what rpm it has, but its pretty old maybe 3+ years old.

yeah best idea is to buy your a new Hdd, if you want something to go with your hardware id suggest a 10k rapter....Admitedly windows Xp should definatly not take this long to boot...have you by any chance install say motherboard drivers to slave hard-drive? did it once and it wasnt pretty ;)

Speedydowt said:
yeah best idea is to buy your a new Hdd, if you want something to go with your hardware id suggest a 10k rapter....Admitedly windows Xp should definatly not take this long to boot...have you by any chance install say motherboard drivers to slave hard-drive? did it once and it wasnt pretty ;)

nope i didnt install any MB drivers heh, i keep forgeting, but im defiantly going to buy 2 raptors when i get the extra cash

Don't get two Raptors! Take a look at the SATA 2 Samsung Spinpoints, just as fast, and you can buy 400GB for the same space as a Raptor.

Back
Top Bottom