2 Graphics Cards

ahexagonsun

Beta member
I recently revieved a second monitor, and I have read that you can install 2 graphics cards and run both monitors. I was wondering if I could do this using my intergrated video card and buying a cheap (maybe a Radeon 9200) video card. If this can work, any sugestions on a cheap video card would be great.
Thanks

I've never heard of running two graphic cards other than SLI (i could be wrong) But you could run two monitors from one card with two outs on it

ihave run 2 monitors before, one on my video card, and one from integrated. i did that a long time ago, but i cant seem to get it to work now

Just get a cheap vid card with 2 outputs. I'm currently using 2 monitors with my 6800GT. (has 2x DVI outputs)

Um, you can't do that. You can't use integrated AND a seperate video card at the same time. One has to disabled while the other is in use. I suggest getting a 6600gt with two ports, whether it be vga or dvi, like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122201

Btw: mfrost, it's called crossfire, and it's from ati. It's ati's version of sli and yes, it works, and yes, it's worse and more expensive than sli, although it is more flexible... I use sli (see specs downbelow) for a gooood reason.

jac006 said:
Btw: mfrost, it's called crossfire, and it's from ati. It's ati's version of sli and yes, it works, and yes, it's worse and more expensive than sli, although it is more flexible... I use sli (see specs downbelow) for a gooood reason.

I know what Crossfire and SLI are, I was refering to running two graphic cards independantly from one another, which is what the OP was asking about

if you have some really old cards and you want to run dual monitors, you can run 2 pci cards or an agp and a pci if you have that kind of setup. if you don't already have a card though, just get one with 2 outs like stated above, there a dime a dozen as it seems like all the recent cards have dual outs.

Could you recomend me some good graphics cards with dual outs for under 100, 150 max. And neither of my monitors are dvi. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom