2 graphic cards - Simple Question; Please Help!

Tiki33

Beta member
I'm currently running

ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM (

+

HD Radeon HD 5770

My question is, I want to upgrade to a second video card. SO i'll be using two graphics cards. What card is acceptable to use, how can I tell so I don't need to come to a forum for future reference?

Also, my HD 5770 came with a strip of flat wiring and two connectors, do I use that strip to connect the two cards together or just click into the MOBO?

My budget is 100 ~ 200$

Thanks for all of the help, I really appreciate this forum and everything they do. I used this forum a year ago for help when building my original PC, so thank you.

you can use any 5770 as the second card. it is the same chip. some manufacturer upgrade those cards with some extra VRAM. so if you buy a version with more VRAM then the one you already have, it is just gonna deactivate that extra RAM so both cards is having same among of VRAM.

what i think you are talking about by saying "flat wiring" is that crossfire connectors. you need a crossfire bridge to connect the two cards. if you build the computer you self then you properly have a crossfire bridge laying in the box where your motherboard was.

Back
Top Bottom