2 firewall issue

sidtymer

Beta member
I have a 2wire modem/router which already has a built in firewall and I also have the windows liveone software which has a firewall in it. What should I do? Should I get rid of one?

Thanks

Yes, 2 firewalls will conflict with each other. Decided which one you trust more and disable the other one. There is also a way to configure both firewalls so they wouldn't conflict, but I think its 2 complicated...at least 4 me :D

Cheers

Yer to complicated, its chaning your reg keys but its hard, but google.com is the best bet for that.

Anyway like the guy said, they play with each other naked and things go wrong when that happens :eek:

I have 2 firewalls.

I have set the nVIDIA firewall to anti-hacking.
And the VirginMedia firewall to High.

The nVidia is cool like this and the anti hacking feature it there if you run more than 1 firewall.

:D

I was thinking of stoppping my router firewall and the only way I could do it is if i did this:

Allow all applications (DMZplus mode) – Set the selected computer in DMZplus mode. All inbound traffic, except traffic which has been specifically assigned to another computer using the “Allow individual applications” feature, will automatically be directed to this computer. The DMZplus-enabled computer is less secure because all unassigned firewall ports are opened for that computer.

If i click on that mode and have my windows liveone firewall up would I have any issues

thanks

Back
Top Bottom