2 different graphics cards in 1 system

rowcon123

Daemon Poster
Hi guys I run a program called softxpand duo and it lets you split you computer in 2, so 2 different users can use it at once

Now my question is if i plugged both my gtx 770 and my 650 ti boost and hooked them up to step rate monitors would it work ?

Yes because depending on which on you use, the other just helps process the graphics so the display will be as you wish :)

Is your goal to run two monitors separately with their own views on only one computer?

If yes, then only one card of those is enough! They both individually support multi-monitors of up to four in the same time and with their own exclusive desktops!

I watch movies on one monitor and work on other separate tasks on the other three!

Last edited:
Yeh but me and my brother would like to play demanding games together and it just put some more strain on the 770 so I might as well give him my spare 650? Would that not be better than the 1 card ?

Generally speaking, yes, it is!

But the GTX 770 is designed for 4k resolutions so you might as well try (testing) to run it alone first!

To run both cards you might need a better PSU and there must be a reachable vacant PCI-E slot!

At any case, the answer to the original post is yes, but the CPU could be a bottleneck if two demanding games are running! Still, the argument that you can try first, providing the PSU can cover up for it and the mobo has a vacant PCI-E slot, is still there!

Remember that you might need to alter the settings in the nVidia CP and that the game supports detecting more than one monitor!

Back
Top Bottom