2 computers sharing monitors?

Shadowraix

Beta member
My friend and I were in computer class and while doing a assignment in PowerPoint we thought of something that would be amazing if it's possible. Let's say you have 2 computers and you have a window on 1 computer that the person on the other computer needs such as to get a image, download something etc. Well, what if 2 seperate computers could drag windows to eachother's screen. So it's like they are two independent computers, but the displays are somehow connected so that both computers can bring windows images etc to eachothers screen easily.

Sort of technically possible (to an extent), but I'm not aware of anything that does it, and it'd be incredibly difficult to code - how do you deal with the case where, say, I have a Powerpoint window I want to drag onto my friend's screen, but it's not installed on his computer? How can that other computer know about it? Sure, I could transfer the image of the window over no problem at all, but functionally transferring it over is a lot more difficult, if not impossible.

Back
Top Bottom