2.99GB RAM on Windows 10 32-bit or 4GB RAM on WIndows 10 64-bit?

I think it's odd that they still offer 32bit versions of windows. Why not just make a 64 bit only.
There was also talk about a 128bit version of windows 8 and 32 bit would be unsupported, but that never happened.
I don't care about 128bit. But damn, why are we still using 32bit? Is there any point to it at all?
Old junk hardware that doesn't support 64bit doesn't count. We are in 2015 guys. come on.

Maybe they considered my feelings that I already have a 32-bit Win7 so I can upgrade it for free :). Can't upgrade a 32-bit to a 64-bit. If there was no free upgrade for Win10, I'd agree with no need to have a 32-bit.

I believe stopping support of something is a good start only if that thing is not being used widely enough. Also, it wouldn't be nice to the unfortunate customers that can't afford more than 1GB of RAM (64-bit requires 2GB min.). Some people are on serious budget. Or moreover, for devices with 1GB RAM like some netbooks or tablets.

Dunno really. But MS probably has something in mind.

I think it's odd that they still offer 32bit versions of windows. Why not just make a 64 bit only.
I've got 32 bit windows 8.1

on a surface "clone" the intel baytrail tab;ets ship with a 32bit UEFI bios and so only support 32 bit windows, (even though the chip is 64 bit).

with Linux you can use the 32 bit boot loader to boot a 64 bit OS, but obviously windows isn't as cool as Linux.

if you're really finding that the performance is lack lustre, don't forget that with a decent speed USB drive (I'd dedicate a bus to this, not hang it off a hub) you can
use readyboost to cache to faster than disk storage and improve performance.

Back
Top Bottom