1st Pc Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is essential, but virtually all modern heat sinks that come with your cpu have thermal paste pre-applied. if you decide to replace it with something else, clean it throughly with rubbing alcohol. it is basically just a matter of screwing it together, and plugging it all in. you should find the process pretty easy, and installing xp should take about as long as the actual build.

it is essential, but virtually all modern heat sinks that come with your cpu have thermal paste pre-applied. if you decide to replace it with something else, clean it throughly with rubbing alcohol. it is basically just a matter of screwing it together, and plugging it all in. you should find the process pretty easy, and installing xp should take about as long as the actual build.

everything as far as hooking up stuff is well documented, epically with asus boards. you should have no problems at all.

The CPU's usualy come with a fan, but another one would be better than the manufactured one, usualy the CPU is already equiped with thermal paste. But its a must do to have paste on it, to keep it from over heating :)

how would i know if the cpu or heatsink already has thermal paste on it coz the last thing i want is to fry my new processor

You'll see all paste stuff on top of your processor :p its always nice to have a new bit of paste on it though once youve took the heat sink from the processor but you can keep the origional paste on if you want too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom