1st Computer Build (Problem)

BMamba24

Solid State Member
This is my first computer build. Trying my first boot with just the case (Antec 900 gaming), power supply (700w OCZ gaming), Memory (4 Gigs Crucial DDR2), Video Card (ECS N8800GTS-512MX RT), Monitor (CRT), Motherboard (P5Q Pro), and CPU (Q9450 retail and fan) hooked up. When I plug in the power supply I see the Standby Power LED (SB_PWR) light turn green on my MOBO, but when I hit the power button on my case nothing turns on. None of my fans start and yes I do have them all hooked up to my power supply and I think I have everything else attached the way I should. What should I try to do next to remedy this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks,

Don't use the switch on your case, simply short the two pins with a screwdriver or something.

Thanks, but I used the same outlet with my previous computer right before I started my new build yesterday. With the green light going on on my MOBO that means there is power to that too correct?

I'm at work right now, but I will try to short the pins with a screwdriver tonight. How do I do that? Just by touching both of the pins at the same time with a screwdrive when I have the powersupply turned on?

I'm at work right now, but I will try to short the pins with a screwdriver tonight. How do I do that? Just by touching both of the pins at the same time with a screwdrive when I have the powersupply turned on?
Yes, you only need to connect them for a second or two and the board will boot up.

well there is 3 common things i always try when i get a situation when, "nothing happens"

1. check the power button as stated above.
2. check the RAM jus vary with each stick per slot or 1 stick or even push it in a little harder.
3. take the mobo, CPU, RAM, PSU out of the case and place it on an anti static surface, and try jump the power pins again,

jus to clarify the pins you will be jumping is the same 1's that you took the cable that goes to the power button off of, usually named Power SW. in the uk not sure bout us

Don't use the anti static bag that the motherboard came in. Just sit it on a wooden table, box etc, anything that doesn't conduct electricity.

Just try booting by shorting the two pins first before you go taking everything apart.

Don't use the anti static bag that the motherboard came in. Just sit it on a wooden table, box etc, anything that doesn't conduct electricity.

Just try booting by shorting the two pins first before you go taking everything apart.

ok is there ment to be a full stop after Dont. ???

is there something wrong with using the anti static bag your mobo came in ?

Back
Top Bottom