Hi. I am new to this forum. I know I may come out cheaper to just purchase a computer out right, but was thinking of tackling the task of building my own. Here are/will be the uses of this new computer.
1. Access internet wirelessly
2. Keep track of finances
but most of all:
3. Play Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
I want to be able to play that particular game but don't want to just "get by" with the system requirements. I do know that I will need a minimum of 3.0 ghz from all I have read. But not sure about the other things.
I did find a list online of everything needed for a complete build such as processor, motherboard, etc.....
Once I get everything I feel like I can complete the job, but I do have a few questions.
1. When I purchase Items, what do I need to look for to make sure all parts will be compatible?
2. How do I know that the case will be appropriate for all the items that I purchase.
3. Would you recommend Windows 7 or XP? I will never operate Vista again, but no experience with 7.
4. Once everything is installed, how hard is it to actually install the software for things like the video card or is installing software necessary? Do they automatically sync with each other?
5. Is 500 gb sufficient or would you go with 1tb or somewhere in between?
6. What video card would you recommend?
7. Would a 500w p/s be sufficient or go with a 700?
8. When the processor is purchased , does it automatically come with a cooling fan, or would I have to purchase one separate and which would you recommend?
I understand that like with other things sometimes you just get what you pay for. Don't want to spend a crap load of money but want the system to work without just "getting by".
The only reason I am thinking of building my own is because just about all systems I have found, seem to have something that would need replacing, plus I don't have the money right now to purchase a complete system, so just thought that while I saved up the money I could just use that money to buy parts to custom build a system. Maybe a bad idea though. Always looking for something new to get into.
Thats all I can think of right now but
Here is a link to one I found at a pretty reasonable price. Whats your thoughts?