16GB of RAM (Only 11GB Useable?)

LordChristoff

Solid State Member
Installed new system as you have heard before on another thread but have just noticed that the computer is saying that only 11GB of the 16 I have is useable, any reason for this or how to fix it?

RAM_problem.jpg

Cheers
LordChristoff

Memory that isn't available to the OS like that is probably reserved for something else in the system (onboard GPU for example.) Check your BIOS settings and see if any sort of memory sharing thing is enabled.

Do you have a dedicated GPU, If so I'd take all the reserved ram from the integrated graphics and give it back to the system if possible.

Try open "Run" and type MSConfig. Open the Boot tab. Then click Advanced Options. Now make sure that in the top right corner "Maximum memory" is not enabled. Then press okay. Then press "Apply" and restart your computer.

I have been having this problem before myself.

Let me know if it worked.

It might be worth checking if you have any maximum RAM settings, though it's unlikely if you haven't changed it.

Hit the start key and type "msconfig" and press enter.

When this comes up click on the Boot tab.
Then go to Advanced Options.
Make sure the Maximum memory box is unticked.

Try open "Run" and type MSConfig. Open the Boot tab. Then click Advanced Options. Now make sure that in the top right corner "Maximum memory" is not enabled. Then press okay. Then press "Apply" and restart your computer.

I have been having this problem before myself.

Let me know if it worked.

It might be worth checking if you have any maximum RAM settings, though it's unlikely if you haven't changed it.

Hit the start key and type "msconfig" and press enter.

When this comes up click on the Boot tab.
Then go to Advanced Options.
Make sure the Maximum memory box is unticked.

I would suggest you take a look at this since two people recommended it at the same time.

Also try to relocate the memory sticks differently plugging them is starting from DIMM1 slot. Try the procedure a number of times.

Back
Top Bottom