$150-$200 Upgrade (mayb more)

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
Hey guys well i may b getting around 200 dollars today and i was wonderign if this could make my computer more worthy of playing bf2 and other games

well here are the current specs

pentium 4 1.8ghz 400mhz fsb (it says 478 pinpackage which is socket 478 right?)
intel d845hv mobo agp4x pc133x3 crap crap etc. etc. (def. upgrade)
eVGA 5200 128mb 64bit sucky (def. upgrade)
768mb (256x3) pc133.....slow! (upgrade)
20gb harddrive (i know small but ill keep it for a lil and get 50 bux to get an 80 later!)

ok now i was thinking this and mayb u could fill in the spaces

Processor:
I could possibly keep mine but would it keep up with bigger games like bf2 fine...idk if it does becuz my crap ram and video card...so should i ebay to try to find a cheap/better one?%?!%

Motherboard:
Prolly just get something around 50 dollars which supports ddr agp8x or pcix16 so it will run fine but has to b MicoATX to fit in my case guys

Video Card:
Um mayb a 5500 which is pretty cheap...or maybe a 6600?...if i can fit that in i would def. go for it...may try to save up some money to and stick with my video card for a while to get a better video card!

RAM:
im going for dual channel.......either 512mb...or if i wait for video card i will get a gig prolly but just value ram which will still run fine for me!

Harddrive:
Eh get that latER!$!#%...lol

so plz help guys thank u in advance!

Xiggy said:
Hey guys well i may b getting around 200 dollars today and i was wonderign if this could make my computer more worthy of playing bf2 and other games

well here are the current specs

pentium 4 1.8ghz 400mhz fsb (it says 478 pinpackage which is socket 478 right?)
intel d845hv mobo agp4x pc133x3 crap crap etc. etc. (def. upgrade)
eVGA 5200 128mb 64bit sucky (def. upgrade)
768mb (256x3) pc133.....slow! (upgrade)
20gb harddrive (i know small but ill keep it for a lil and get 50 bux to get an 80 later!)

ok now i was thinking this and mayb u could fill in the spaces

Processor:
I could possibly keep mine but would it keep up with bigger games like bf2 fine...idk if it does becuz my crap ram and video card...so should i ebay to try to find a cheap/better one?%?!%

Motherboard:
Prolly just get something around 50 dollars which supports ddr agp8x or pcix16 so it will run fine but has to b MicoATX to fit in my case guys

Video Card:
Um mayb a 5500 which is pretty cheap...or maybe a 6600?...if i can fit that in i would def. go for it...may try to save up some money to and stick with my video card for a while to get a better video card!

RAM:
im going for dual channel.......either 512mb...or if i wait for video card i will get a gig prolly but just value ram which will still run fine for me!

Harddrive:
Eh get that latER!$!#%...lol

so plz help guys thank u in advance!
well what exactly do you plan to use the computer for? i am thinking core 2 duo but we gotta find your use first

video games man thats all i do ...and i do a small amount of 3d modeling but mostly games like bf2....digital paitnball (already runs great max'd out) rainbow six....bf2 special forces (goes like 15 fps right now want wayy better!)

so wut do u think?? thx man!

sry for triple post BUT PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!

btw couldnt i get a 7300gs and unlock the pipes or something so it would b as good as a 7600gs?..thats wut someone told me one time or something like that!

MooseMan said:
well what exactly do you plan to use the computer for? i am thinking core 2 duo but we gotta find your use first
Yeah that would really work with a $200 budget. :rolleyes:

You may as well keep your current processor, upgrade the RAM, and upgrade your GPU. Im thinking 1GB RAM, and a 6600.

Back
Top Bottom