1440 X 900 problem please help

wahowee

Baseband Member
guys, need help. im not sure if im in the right category here weather my problem is hardware or software. anyway the problem is the optimum resolution that im using before is 1440X900 on my 19" LCD monitor. it suddenly changed to a different resolution one night after i came home from work and turned on my computer. and now im not able to change it back to the 1440X900 resolution. i did all the things i could ever think, like updating display drivers, installing a much older display driver, monitor drivers, restart computer. ect... please help. :(

What operating system are you using?

Assuming windows, what display resolutions are listed?

Boot to safe mode. Uninstall both the monitor and the video card, use a program like Driver Cleaner Pro (free) to remove old driver components. Reboot into normal mode
Install video drivers and monitor drivers if desired.

im using win 7. i'll try your advice og. be posting the results after. thanks for the reply guys.

@ og
nope... it did not work. from the resolution list there is no 1440X900. from 1366X768 the next higher resolution is 1600X900. it seemed to skip the (1400+ X 900+) resolution options. my monitor is always displaying "Optimum resolution 1440X900 recommended" every time i turn my PC on. its kinda irritating. darn. please help.

Try a bios reset. Take the bios battery out for 2-3 minutes then put it back in and turn the computer back on. I don't know if this will help but i can't think of anything else. Seems no one else here have any good ideas either on this problem. Most of us would go with "uninstall drivers" but that's been said already.

Back
Top Bottom