120gb SSD big enough?

emperor76

In Runtime
Last edited:
I'm running a 128 SSD for my C: drive. Plenty of room as long as you keep pics, docs, and downloads moved off to a storage drive.

Hi I haven't upgraded to a SSD yet, but I agree. The only thing you need on the SSD is your OS.
Like seti says keep the rest of your crap on a external storage drive!
That's my thoughts!
Gary!!

I am running a 120GB SSD for my C: drive with Win7, Office, and my "main" apps. I am running a second 120GB SSD just for games. I have a physical hard drive for storage and programs. This setup works great for me.

I am running a 120GB SSD for my C: drive with Win7, Office, and my "main" apps. I am running a second 120GB SSD just for games. I have a physical hard drive for storage and programs. This setup works great for me.
That sounds like a plan. I'm just a simple man with a simple plan.:whistling:
I have my OS on a 500GB SATA? I use a 1TB seagate external for all my data and my Macrium images.
Gary!!

I had a 120 for a while and although I don't even run games it filled up more quickly than I thought. It was never a problem but I was always close to topping it out. I upgraded to a 250 when my 120 died (And yes, SSDs do fail). Personally I say go for a 250 if you can.

I believe it is more than big enough provided the following:
1- You know how to maintain the OS partition well.
2- You archive Outlook emails on other partitions when they get big.
3- All third party software is kept on other partitions. I install everything other than the OS and Office stuff on other partitions.

Following the above, I've been using a 120GB SSD for like three years now and the free space never went below 40GB.

120GB for the OS is plenty but if you like want to store more files then a 240GB is the way to go. Also like said just keep the important programs on the SSD not just everything. Plus SSD's are coming down in price which is fantastic.

Boy you got that shot right little buddy. I keep getting emails from Newegg about price drops on a lot of products. SSD's seem to be a recurring theme in most of the ads. 1TB's seem to be getting in reach pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom