Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #11
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11
Default Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

and would this work with it too?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820300902
__________________

oompa zoompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #12
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11
Default Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
These Cd/Dvd drive Samsung $40 each

This 4600+ Am2 Processor $329

This Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe $145

This g.Skill 2x1gb $140

This Seagate Baracuda 250gb [7200rpm] $90

This 7600GT's $167

This FPS Group 450W $51

This Lian Li case $113

Should be a great computer.
And with these

rosewill media card reader

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820223071


Acir 19" screen

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009083

A Mouse

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826171006

A Keyboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823121115

Floppy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16821103202

Im thinking this should be a kick ass computer lol

total: $1,350.05 Shipped
__________________

oompa zoompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #13
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

Ive never seen that media card reader, thats pretty cool.

Shit man, floppy? Are you serious? Well if so, as of now, a floppy drive is a floppy drive.

Thats a nice moniter. Really nice. However, the contrast ratio isnt great. Doesnt really matter if its in front of your face though!

Also, you can spend 30 dollars on a Turtle Beach Riviara 5.1 Sound card, and get a REALLY nice pair of Logitech X-550's surround sound speakers for like 44 dollars.

And then you wont have the crappy moniter speakers.

Anyways, reguardless that is a very nice computer.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #14
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11
Default Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Ive never seen that media card reader, thats pretty cool.

Shit man, floppy? Are you serious? Well if so, as of now, a floppy drive is a floppy drive.

Thats a nice moniter. Really nice. However, the contrast ratio isnt great. Doesnt really matter if its in front of your face though!

Also, you can spend 30 dollars on a Turtle Beach Riviara 5.1 Sound card, and get a REALLY nice pair of Logitech X-550's surround sound speakers for like 44 dollars.

And then you wont have the crappy moniter speakers.

Anyways, reguardless that is a very nice computer.
yeah, i still use floppy somtimes easy way to copy files n stuff
oompa zoompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:39 AM   #15
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

Lol duuuuuuude...

Three words.. Flash drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubCategory=522

Just make sure its USB 2.0 compatable, and an actual flash memory card. With those you wont have a problem, you can have a problem with any of the mini hard drives (usually more then 2gb).

So off the link, just pick a brand you like, and its all good. Get a cheap like 128mb, or 256mb, to start with.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:41 AM   #16
BSOD
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 97
Default Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Lol duuuuuuude...

Three words.. Flash drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubCategory=522

Just make sure its USB 2.0 compatable, and an actual flash memory card. With those you wont have a problem, you can have a problem with any of the mini hard drives (usually more then 2gb).

So off the link, just pick a brand you like, and its all good. Get a cheap like 128mb, or 256mb, to start with.

LOL Duuuude back at you, 10000 posts on this site and still don't realize it takes a floppy drive to install windows on an SATA drive. Oh well everyone learns somthing new every day.
Killer95max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:27 AM   #17
In Runtime
 
buckweat420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 109
Send a message via AIM to buckweat420 Send a message via MSN to buckweat420 Send a message via Yahoo to buckweat420
Default Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer95max
LOL Duuuude back at you, 10000 posts on this site and still don't realize it takes a floppy drive to install windows on an SATA drive. Oh well everyone learns somthing new every day.
Lol I was setting up my raid last night and it kept giving me an error, Oh how i Hate FLOPPYS!
buckweat420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,276
Default Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

yeah you need floppies for a very wide array of things actually. well most of it is specific to hard drives. activating 3.0gb/s, raid, stuffs like that. i was pretty pissed when i was done building my comp only to find out that i needed a floppy to activate my 3.0gb/s hdd. it gave me a hard time too, damn floppies.
__________________
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #19
BSOD
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 97
Talking Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchi55
yeah you need floppies for a very wide array of things actually. well most of it is specific to hard drives. activating 3.0gb/s, raid, stuffs like that. i was pretty pissed when i was done building my comp only to find out that i needed a floppy to activate my 3.0gb/s hdd. it gave me a hard time too, damn floppies.
Dude I just installed my system this morning, I used the boot cd that came with the computer to make the sata floppys, it took about 6 restarts and about 4 floppys to get the data transferred over to the windows xp driver install when you do the fresh install, I was getting mad I thought my computer was broken, just these busted ass floppys!
Killer95max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #20
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11
Default Re: $1200 Limit on Computer Need help plz

Ok, i really need this question to be answered. once i finish building the computer will i be able to power it up, put in the OS disc and install Windows?
__________________

oompa zoompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0