~$1200 Conroe comp, look good?

What you can do is get the cheaper MoBo, and a cheaper Video Card for now, and wait for more C2D MoBo's with SLI to be released... after that, wait for the D-X10 video cards to be released. There is absolutely no point in spending good money on parts that you know youre gonna end up replacing anyway.

one other thing- what are some good fans for my case and heat sinks? I really want this thing to be really quiet. So when I get the CPU it'll come with a thermal grease? So this just goes between the processor and fan? Is it a glue? Can a get a quieter heatsink/fan later? Do i even need something better? What about for the graphics card, any way to keep it cooler and quieter? Sorry for all the questions...

I think I'll just go with asus P5B, because its cheaper, and get the 7600 gt or the X1800gt, depending on how much money I have. I am pretty sure I won't upgrade the motherboard or graphics, since I will only be using it for two years.

About my hard drive, I see there is a perpendicular recording one similar to mine, whats the diff??

thanks for your replies and input- it's helped alot!

I dont know SO much, Ill just tell you what I have learned from the short time Ive been here and from the reviews of products that I am interested in buying.

This is what Im doing with my Conroe, as far as fans go... Im getting a ThermalRight SI-128 heatsinker, for the heatsinker Im getting a Delta Triple Blade High Speed - which will be attached with a mount that comes with the heatsinker. The intake and output fans Im getting are Sanyo San Ace fans. For the fans Im getting a fan controller because they are powerful fans - they can be loud, but thats why you have the controller, either way they dont need to be run at full.

As far as the hard drive, I dont know what you mean by that.

ownage said:
Thats in quantities of 1000 bought directly from Intel ;) Monarch has them for preorder for 340. Tigerdirect is not reliable. They are horrible if you dont get your package. Dont ever order from them. There are plenty of other retailers out there.

Tiger direct is perfectly fine, ive ordered from them a lot and never had a problem.

Taylor said:
Tiger direct is perfectly fine, ive ordered from them a lot and never had a problem.

ill second that, one of the most professional services, the products come with a fully printed return sticker and instructions, so no going online to find out the ins and outs of returns.

I just checked my link for the graphics card- i guess newegg must not have it anymore... anyway I might get the XP combo deal with this card: its a X1900GT thats crossfire ready.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814142068

So here are my two options to spend extra $:

Option A: Get the $2Asus P5W DH Deluxe and X1900GT

Pros: Future crossfire ready(two x16)
Cons: costs more, only 1 HD, crossfire isn't all that great, no DirectX 10/Vista, ever. It'll cost too much to upgrade to Vista and get one/two new cards.

Total cost: $570, no vista, no upgrades, one HD, X1900GT in crossfire

Option B: Get Asus P5B, X1900GT or 7600GT, two HD in RAID 0

Pros: Faster HD's (raid 0), upgrade to Vista/DirectX 10 card possible, costs less, get to spend more on a single graphics card ($200-300 worth)

Total cost: $280-380, maybe vista and DX10, two HD's, a single $200-300 card

Aren't the perpendicular hard drives better? I can get one for the same price as a normal. (idk really what the diff is)

If I go with Plan B, than I can get a non-crossfire ready card that it faster/better. So yeah... i wish there was more motherboard selection. Help?

*I edited it so I didn't sound quite so desperate :p

Back
Top Bottom