100mb/s connection disconnecting every 5 minutes?!?!?!?

so i go unistall the hardware...then reboot and reinstall?!?!?...let me see if i have the cd first of all

Yes, but you dont uninstall the hardware. Uninstall the TCP/IP stack. And yes you will need the CD

Give me a min, and ill post a screenshot

Is this a competition? If he has 98 or me. And had the cab. files on his computer he doesn't need the cd.

Try This first...

Bring up a command prompt...

Start>Run>cmd

type in netsh and then press enter

then type winsock reset

press enter.

it should look like this..

winsockreset.JPG

Even if TCP/IP isn't the problem, it's not going to hurt anything by uninstalling and reinstalling it. The winsock reset is a good tool also. Sometimes the TCP/IP stack gets corrupted, especially from viruses and spyware. If these two things that uid=[0] suggested don't work, I'm thinking it's the card, the cable, or the port. Once you find your Windows installation disc, you may also want to try Start>run> sfc /scannow

You will be prompted for the original installation cd. This restores many original system files, which could have become corrupt after virus removal.

k i restarted now and im going to try bf2...ill tell u how it does...should i put my internet back to 100mbps now though...i will keep it on 10mbps fo rthe game for now..thx :D

Back
Top Bottom