$1000 Budget.

I have to ask this.

On a $1000 budget, why does everyone get the 5770?!?!

You should do a 5850 minimum for that budget. I mean seriously people, the
5770 is a budget card.

Incorrect. High end ATI cards (as well as NV cards) run slightly faster on boards with AMD chipsets, because of higher northbridge frequencies.

Crossfire on AMD chipsets is also more efficient by a small amount.

No, they are selling crap. How many crossfire plugs does your card have?

lol he isn't.

I think the 5770 is a more then capable card to be honest. It depends what their focus is with the computer as well.

That's not the processor though. That's an advantage of the chipset. An Nvidia card isn't going to run faster than an ATI card with an intel processor.

2 Crossfire ports, and it even came with a bridge, which wasn't advertised. I seriously have no clue why you guys dislike XFX, my card is great :confused:

You got lucky. Your card is an older, reference model. The newer ones are custom PCB, with no voltage control, one crossfire port, crappy reliability, etc. and afaik, all the ATI cards come with a crossfire bridge if they have a plug for it.

They actually released an entire batch of bad HD 4890s a while because they felt like completely cheaping out and didn't test them, except for displaying video.

You got lucky. Your card is an older, reference model. The newer ones are custom PCB, with no voltage control, one crossfire port, crappy reliability, etc. and afaik, all the ATI cards come with a crossfire bridge if they have a plug for it.

They actually released an entire batch of bad HD 4890s a while because they felt like completely cheaping out and didn't test them, except for displaying video.

And I got crappy OCZ ram which apparently was a pretty widespread issue. Does that mean that OCZ is a terrible company and everything of theirs should be avoided like the plague? No. The people know what they are buying as well, they can see on the card that there is only one crossfire port. It doesn't advertise voltage control either. Also, they still have their double lifetime warranty, which is a very nice feature, not to mention great tech support and a very easy to navigate website. I certainly give XFX high marks :D

XFX is intentionally making crappy cards in order to increase their profits. This is a constant, widespread issue with more than one part. People do not know what they are getting because XFX still puts reference coolers on the crap pcb cards, and often the retailers do not change stock images every time they get a new shipment. There is a huge difference here because basic features of the card are missing.

and btw 90% of the people who buy XFX cards do not get the double lifetime warranty. XFX does not tell you that you have 30 days to register the card in your name or else you don't get it.

you also cannot get crap for their custom pcb cards if you try to resell them. I saw someone having a very hard time selling a registered 1GB 5770 for $125 not long ago because of this.

The only reason why i would buy an XFX card is because they look awesome most of the time.

The only reason why i would buy an XFX card is because they look awesome most of the time.
I think mine is but ugly. I liked the way the others looked, but they cost more and provided less.
XFX is intentionally making crappy cards in order to increase their profits. This is a constant, widespread issue with more than one part. People do not know what they are getting because XFX still puts reference coolers on the crap pcb cards, and often the retailers do not change stock images every time they get a new shipment. There is a huge difference here because basic features of the card are missing.

and btw 90% of the people who buy XFX cards do not get the double lifetime warranty. XFX does not tell you that you have 30 days to register the card in your name or else you don't get it.

you also cannot get crap for their custom pcb cards if you try to resell them. I saw someone having a very hard time selling a registered 1GB 5770 for $125 not long ago because of this.
I'm sorry, but I just don't see it as much of a problem. They aren't advertised with 2 plugs anyhow, and who runs more than 2 cards anyhow? If you are, then you should know to check for it. Also, I find it hard to believe that other manufacturers don't do the same.

That's their fault. Pretty much every company makes you register to get the warranty. And I've seen far worse, some companies have absurd requirements for the MIR. I've had one where the rebate was supposed to be shipped before it even arrived at my house. EVGA tried to rip me off of my rebate by telling me it was invalid, then claiming it was claimed after the deadline, and both claims were totally false. Good thing I checked my spam box in my email....

*sigh* It looks like you are just trying to defend your purchase, so I am outta here.

I will leave with this. If an XFX card costs the same as a Sapphire or ASUS card, which has two crossfire plugs, better reliability, voltage control, better support (XFX support is crap now), can handle aftermarket coolers, such as full coverage waterblocks that the XFX can't, has better resellability, and overclocks better, the decision should be pretty simple.

*sigh* It looks like you are just trying to defend your purchase, so I am outta here.

I will leave with this. If an XFX card costs the same as a Sapphire or ASUS card, which has two crossfire plugs, better reliability, voltage control, better support (XFX support is crap now), can handle aftermarket coolers, such as full coverage waterblocks that the XFX can't, has better resellability, and overclocks better, the decision should be pretty simple.

Not really, I'm just saying my opinion, as you are yours. They don't claim otherwise, you get what you see. I've had excellent experience with them, and I can only cite my own experiences. I have not had a good time with Sapphire in terms of service and especially rebates, but once again that is my experience.

Back
Top Bottom