$1000 bucks to spend

Robbie2006

Baseband Member
I have $1000 dollars to spend on a new computer, and I'm having a dilema on which one to pick. Right now I have a really old hp, and a dell dimension 8250. Overall I have liked the dell, it has been very reliable, but the outsourcing in India is a pain, but I can work around that. The new computer im going to get is going to be used for many different things such as internet, aim, gaming, backing up dvds, and maybe some movie editing. Im more of a console gamer and have never really played very many games on the pc, except for diablo2. Im planning on gaming on this new computer until the ps3 comes out. How does this computer look:

XPS 400 Qty 1
Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition with re-installation CD Unit Price $1,069.00
Catalog Number: 29
Module Description Show Details
XPS 400 Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB)
Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition with re-installation CD
Memory Featured Upgrade a $60 value! 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
Keyboard Dell Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse
Monitors FEATURED UPGRADE!! 19 inch E196FP Analog Flat Panel
Video Cards 128MB PCI Expressâ„¢ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory
Hard Drives 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢
Floppy Drive and Media Reader 13 in 1 Media Card Reader
Mouse Mouse included in Wireless Package
Network Interface Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Modem No Modem Requested
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD or DVD Drive Single Drive: 16x DVD+/-RW with double layer write capability
Sound Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Speakers Dell AS501PA 10W Flat Panel Attached Spkrs for Analog Flat Panels
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No Productivity Suite - Corel WordPerfect® word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) PC-cillin Internet Security: AntiVirus, Firewall, Spyware removal 15-months
Hardware Warranty 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support
Internet Access Service 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service and Support
Dell Digital Entertainment Starter Entertainment Pack -Basic digital Music, Photo, and Casual Gaming

TOTAL:$1,069.00

Do you have knowledge on how to build your own computer? Because we can provide parts and such. Because you can make such a good computer with that amout of money. It would own that dell! And I have the Dell9100. And it works great. I paied alot for it. And it can still be owned by computesr that cost $400 less.

yes just make a thread in the FOR Sale/Wanted section and ull get a ton of people offering parts and such. I could hook u up with some parts too if u want.

Ive never really put one togeather, but I've installed a few cd drives, fire wire cards, and stuff like that. I really wouldnt know where to begin, thats why im leaning towards the dell. It also comes with a 19" flat screen monitor that looks pretty nice, so that would be another thing i would have to buy if i built one.

You can make a PC from scratch... but you'll have to tell me what kind of vid card you need. Diablo 2 is old, right?

Ya its really old, that was the only game I could think of that I've ever played on a pc.

Well, then, are you expecting to get any other PC games in the future?

And what other programs besides Microsoft Office, media, and web browsing/communication do you run?

Maybe a couple pc games until the ps3 comes out. Doom3 looks pretty. I use some dvd burning/ripping programs, and just some various spyware programs.

I'm not giving you a configuration until you're sure you want Doom. Also check out F.E.A.R., a game that will definitely appeal to Doom 3 fans and enthusiasts.

Also Area 51.

Anyways.. If your kinda skeptic about it. Just get the dell. Its a nice, nice pc. And your not hard core anything, just like me. And I also have a dell. So you will be pleased with it. Go for the dell. :)

Back
Top Bottom