10,000 RPM hard drives

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Hi, I'm new here

I have a curious question......I was looking at those cool new 10,000 rpm drives like the WD Raptor, and was wondering why they have such odd capacities? Like 36 and 74 gb...can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

I'm getting two 36k HD's from WD. I don't know why they have odd configurations. I know they are FAST! That is what matters my friend.

Tommy Boy said:
Hi, I'm new here

I have a curious question......I was looking at those cool new 10,000 rpm drives like the WD Raptor, and was wondering why they have such odd capacities? Like 36 and 74 gb...can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks
I heard these where SCSI drives,is that right ? If so i guess it's a different standard.

Well its not E-IDE, or SATA. So...SCSI but ive only seen 15k...

Your right, after a post by Lord Kalthorn i relized i was off my nut with my 36k rpm! Yeh i think they'll just be ATA or SATA or wahtever lol.

You can get 10,000 RPM Hard Drives in SATA or ATA; and they're worth it if you're downloading all the time and playing games and listenning to music - you'll notice the extra speed.

But, in most cases, the extra money is not worth it.

As for why they have funny capacities like 36GB and 74GB; I suppose its just what they decided at Raptor. Just up to them what capacities they make them in. :D

Cool, Im proberly gunna ditch my maxtor and get two sata 10,000rpm drives on raid 0 or summin.

Back
Top Bottom