1 thing I hate about vista

Hmm, I must be lucky. I use a lot of the above programs, including limewire, and I have absolutely no problems with it at all.

Are you all using the latest release of Java Virtual Machine?
(or Java Runtime Enviroment, whatever they've called it now)

Hmmm, strange, all i can think it could be is compatability mode or something. Is compatability mode turned on for any of these programs?

nope, I rarely use compatibilty mode. What version are you using though? 64bit Vista or 32? I'm on 64bit, maybe that could be it?

I use 32-bit. Nothing different for me. AIM doesn't use the Aero theme, but it doesn't change the theme of the whole PC...so I'm not sure what you're exactly talking about. Try to get some screenshots.

I hate that Vista changes themes when you run Java or Java based sites/programs like Limewire.

Anyone else find this annoyance?
yea i noticed this problem. it didnt bother me though. i couldnt see the transparency when i had programs open anyway so it didnt affect me

I use 32-bit. Nothing different for me. AIM doesn't use the Aero theme, but it doesn't change the theme of the whole PC...so I'm not sure what you're exactly talking about. Try to get some screenshots.

What AIM do you use? All the AIM use Areo for me.

I too had this problem, and this thread made me go investigate. There is a new version of JRE on their site, Version 6 I think. I installed this yesterday and now limewire etc loads up without switching themes. Worth a try, and by the way i'm using Vista Ultimate x86

Matt

EDIT: It worked for things like Limewire and Java based stuff, but VLC still plays up..

That 1 thing is what you hate? Let me tell you something else: The fact that it locks up with a sound card is annoying, so is playing 5 mins of WOW and then lock up. I'm getting very annoyed of Vista because of that. In fact, I don't want a game to freese, and I need to press reset.
hmm but all operating systems do that

aim does it too

and steam
No, he's talking about Aero. It turns off when a program doesn't work with it.

Fear not, newer builds should include Vista...I hope!

I too had this problem, and this thread made me go investigate. There is a new version of JRE on their site, Version 6 I think. I installed this yesterday and now limewire etc loads up without switching themes. Worth a try, and by the way i'm using Vista Ultimate x86

Matt

EDIT: It worked for things like Limewire and Java based stuff, but VLC still plays up..

can u give me a link? thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom