1.376 Volts

Cabbs

Golden Master
1.376 volts is how much it takes to get my Xeon E3110 (E8400) up from 4005 Mhz to 4095 Mhz. Before it was at 1.344, do you think it'll be fine like that?

Temps are 46-50, depending on ambient temperature. I know they are fine, I'm just not sure if getting this close to 1.4V on a 45NM CPU is worth the extra 90 Mhz and 10 FSB.

It's the same thing as a Core 2 Duo E8400. The performance between a 775 Xeon and Core 2 should be identical.

Don't get me wrong, but I don't think 95mhz is enough to warrant such an increase in voltage. I doubt you'd notice the difference with real time applications.

That's kinda what I was thinking, just don't know if I wanna try long term with this.

Maybe it's time to retire it to a folding rig and pick up one of the juicy new E0 E8600s? :D

And from what I've read/heard/picked up on, it's not so much high Vcore that is causing the 45nms to degrade, but high VVT(=FSB termination) voltage. Anything above ~1.2V seems to cause problems in the long term, whereas loads of people have been running 1.4V+ Vcore with zero problems.

Maybe it's time to retire it to a folding rig and pick up one of the juicy new E0 E8600s? :D

And from what I've read/heard/picked up on, it's not so much high Vcore that is causing the 45nms to degrade, but high VVT(=FSB termination) voltage. Anything above ~1.2V seems to cause problems in the long term, whereas loads of people have been running 1.4V+ Vcore with zero problems.
QFT! good post, i run at 1.375vCore at 450x9 every day for a long time now and it's completely stable.

Back
Top Bottom