$1,200 Build

Check and see if that case is sold without the PSU included. I saved $40 by checking that. I dunno about the quality of the PSU you chose, but it seems to be alright from reviews. You'll probably be pleased with all that. I have a different version of that card (I think), it's a 7900GT KO 512 that only takes up one slot, and it's pretty good. Only difference is, mine was $300.

I'm not really sure about the motherboard (Like I said, I'm still learning about this Core 2 Duo stuff). It may be good, but it sure is cheap, and usually lesser money = lesser quality, usually. But anyway, everything else looks pretty good. I once again really like the choice of GPU there. The 7900GTO is like a highly overclocked core version of the 7900GT: almost 1.5 times as high, plus it's got 512MB of GDDR3 memory. Everything else is pretty much the same, except for the cooling fan. No comment on the PSU; I really don't know how good it is, but the 680W will definitely be enough power to SLI those GTOs, if you decide to do so. And of course, the processor is excellent. The HDD looks to be good, and nearly all the DVD drives look the same to me, so I'm no help there. All you probably will need for the inside of the case is some SATA cables, and it looks like you're set. That's gonna be a really good computer.

Once again, good luck with your build when you decide to do so. I hope I've been a little bit of help.

edit: aah, yeah. forgot the SATA cables usually come with the boards.

The SATA cables will probably come with the board, but don't be mad at me if they don't.

I am going to sit here and watch that PSU eat your system alive. Dude, get a better psu. Something a long the lines of Enhance (www.ewiz.com), Seasonice, Silverstone, PCP&C, Zippy, Tagan.

just a quick note, i have the 7950gx2 and i had 25A on 500w and it didnt like it one bit, crashing etc, now i have a XEON 600w dual 12v@44amp and its perfect, not sure if xeon is a good make or not??, but im very happy with it, just thought id mention this as the 7950 was mentioned an as option earlier...

Well it doesn't matter now, I'm probably gonna wait until this spring. So atleast I'll get more bang for my buck then :/

the high end (zippy, PCP&C) powersupplies dont usually come down in price too much.

Back
Top Bottom