Sick of Google and Reviews...So, what's the best host for a simple HTML site!

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Man, I've finally given up all hope on finding a decent webhost. I've googled for hours on end, only to have a stake driven into one webhost after another. I just can't seem to find one with out next finding out they suck...Finally, I just decided to come here where people actually know what they are talking about. I already have a domain name through godaddy, so all I need is a simple hosting service that has full email POP3 email support. Currently I have the site hosted through 000webhost.com, but they suck. period. You can't get email on their free service (hosting my own domain, and MX Records are crap on their CPanel) so I need a new host. It's a basic HTML site, so I don't need databases or whatever that junk is..just a few pages of info in HTML format! Here's some I've looked at--everything with mixed reviews

HostMonster
BlueHost
StartLogic
and many others

Please help me out the best you can and be honest. Remember this is just a basic HTML site!!!!!!! I really would like to get a domain name free when I sign up for hosting though (which most all do) because I'm going to create a site for my uncle, and I want to be able to host his and mine with the same host!

Thanks so much for any help, I'm about ready to pull my hair out!
Zac

(Oh, btw, my site is up on the free host, but somethings do not work and the email isn't even correct...but if you wanna see just HOW simple this site is, the address is www.zacscomputers.com )

I can say only about companies I have had or had some experience with. Hostgator.com not bad at all. They are used to be one of the best and one of the biggest company. Webhostgiant.com - one of the best for customer service. No overselling there.
They are my best shared providers and will be good for you for sure.

I can say only about companies I have had or had some experience with. Hostgator.com not bad at all. They are used to be one of the best and one of the biggest company. Webhostgiant.com - one of the best for customer service. No overselling there.
They are my best shared providers and will be good for you for sure.
yeah, hostgator is amazing, i have used their services for about a year now. please pm me so i can give you a referral code (im not allowed to post it, and i need cash to pay for hosting lol).

My favourite is still Mediatemple. While they're on the more expensive side ($20/mo). The service they provide is amazing. I'll open a ticket and its answered within hours (during regular work hours).

I've thoroughly enjoyed their service.

hostgator doesn't look too bad, but I really only want to try it for a year...and they don't have that option...because if I have a bad experience, it's genuinely going to suck to breach a contract agreement. And silent1mezzo, yes, mediatemple is a bit expensive for my taste..Keep in mind...simple HTML with not a whole lot of updating necessary. Plus, keep in mind that I want the ability to host unlimited domains...and I know that hostmonster and bluehost both offer that, so if anyone has any comments on that it sure would be great! Keep em coming nonetheless..I'd like to purchase in the next couple of days!

Thanks again
Zac

I'm definitely looking to spend 8 bucks or less a month and the max I'll take is a year contract just to be safe..I know that most places have money back guarantees, but you just never know what they'll sucker you into and say that it's "non-refundable". I'm not worried about bandwidth or mega storage space, but it does need to have it's own email account (i.e. be able to use outlook with it)...basically, that's all I need besides the previously mentioned ability to host multiple domains. And, if at all possible I'd like to get another free domain to share with a relative when I buy the hosting plan. I know that BlueHost and HostMonster both fulfill everything I've just mentioned, but I've heard so many yays and nahs over the past week about them that I'm just not sure anymore...but I guess the bigger the company the more dissatisfied customers!

Thanks again for any help!
Zac

EDIT: Wow! 01001010! ASO has definitely been the best host that's come my way in the past week. Does anyone have experience with them currently or in the past that they can comment..good or bad? Otherwise, I'm seriously considering them even though they don't offer a free domain with purchase...they just seem like they've got their act together without all that corporate BS.

ASO has a very good reputation among the hosting community. I highly suggest you look at their plans.

Im not sure if i can post this so delete if nessasary. I have just aquired my own server and im currenlty offering 3months free to anyone who joins. I could offer you what you would need for $1.50p/m after the 3months is up.

Back
Top Bottom