Seting up webserver through roughter

daman11699

Beta member
I am running a linksys roughter and it my eathernet for my webserver running windows xp pro. Is on the second port. I need to know how to hook this up. Thanks and I need all of the help that i can get

Go into your linksys router admin panel...if it is just forwarding a port then just do that easily....enter in what port and for IP put the xxx.xxx.x.PC# and choose TCP.

might want to manually configure the TCP/IP settings on the computer being used for the server.

I am trying to do the same thing, but with a Netgear Router, and Windows XP Home. I know that IIS Is NOT included with home edition, but i have apache installed. I have set my computer to be the deafult "DMZ" Server, but when i type my external ip address + port 80 (xxx.xxx.xx.x:80), All i get is my Router Login page....

ok, you dont want to use the dmz port for that, and make sure you have remote administration turned off on your router, or you will have everyone online able to access your router. use port forwarding for the server, manually configure the server pc to keep a certain ip (192.168.1.100 for example) and configure port forwarding only for that one ip on port 80. you dont want them to have full access to your server.

Back
Top Bottom