Go Back   Computer Forums > Web Design | Website Development > General Hosting
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-25-2005, 09:57 AM   #1
Mal
In Runtime

Default Recommendation for Hosting company...

I would like to start by saying that the following is 100% no bullshit. The last thing I would want to promote is false advertising.

In recent years I have assissted a webhosting company run by a good friend of mine whom has been in the hosting industry for many years.
His company RRHosting offers almost anything you may require whether it be Homepages, full domains, servers, gaming servers for HL mods and various others, ISP services, IRC services (just check the site really). Having done much voluntary assisstance for him over the years I can honestly say I've never met anyone who works that hard. I was always very respectful of the way he handles customers and doesn't rest until problems have been fixed. Working what can only be described as a 23 hour day infront of his PC he used to eat his dinner during the weekly meeting on netmeeting. I am not saying that his company is "the best in the world" because there is no way anyone could know that. What I do know, and will say, is that customer support is, through my experience, unrivaled thus far.
I strongly urge anyone wishing to invest in any type of online service, that RRH provides, give it a good look. UK based, excellent hardware on the servers and generally an all round enjoyable experience being a part of it.

Thank you all for your time, I figured as im planning on being a long term member of this forum that I may aswell share with you all my previous experience in an ever demanding field. i.e no call centres in India!

Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Recommendation for Hosting company...

Note: YOU ARE BREAKING THERULES - SIGS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE LONGER TO BE 5 LINES LONG!

Masahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:34 AM   #3
Mal
In Runtime

apologies, i didnt recall reading that rule but thankyou for bringing it to my attention, tis gone.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
BSOD

The rule is here:

http://www.computerforums.org/rules.html
Masahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
Mal
In Runtime

Ah yes, sorry again, I had read that, forgot about that one honestly, thanks for pointing it out.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:27 AM   #6
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Looks reasonable.

I was interested - does the Beta you get for .NET 2.0 for IIS 6.0 work on Windows 2003/2000 Servers?
Old 01-26-2005, 11:33 AM   #7
Mal
In Runtime

Sorry LK, I was only 15/16 at the time (few years back) I was doing mainly customer service type stuff, we had a vast number of european clients via IRC and I was never a technical whiz then. Thats what got me interested in learning it in the first place, and was a great experience.
If you check out irc.quakenet.org channel #rrwebhosting or give Bob a ring (number on contacts page on website) then they will gladly answer your questions. I'll ask for you myself later. Gotta go out now. Thanks for interest.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:16 PM   #8
Guru

What?

Lol; I understood the meaning of nothing you just said.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #9
Mal
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Sorry LK, I was only 15/16 at the time (few years back) I was doing mainly customer service type stuff, we had a vast number of european clients via IRC and I was never a technical whiz then. Thats what got me interested in learning it in the first place, and was a great experience.
If you check out irc.quakenet.org channel #rrwebhosting or give Bob a ring (number on contacts page on website) then they will gladly answer your questions. I'll ask for you myself later. Gotta go out now. Thanks for interest.

LK.. 1) When I represented them as an admin I was only 15 years old and only provided customer support and trivial problem fixing, as opposed to technical support.
2) If you wish to know anything about it feel free to phone the contact number provided on the contacts page of the website OR visit their IRC channel at irc.quakenet.org #rrwebhosting
3)I shall ask the relevant people and get back to you

make sense now?
Sorry for any confusion.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:54 PM   #10
Guru

Ah yes Lol; that makes sense now

Sounds cool; you did Customer Support at 15/16?