In need of backup space...

go-go

Banned
Can a cheap shared account with a lot of space be used for backup storage?
What will I need on this account? FTP I guess?

FTP - surely you have to have it.
All depends on the web hosting company itself. For example, Webhostingbuzz.com provides daily and weekly backups on shared hosting. This feature is included into their package plan.

SiberName.com provides daily system backup and you never have to worry about lost information. They provide it on their shared web hosting and this feature is very essential IMO.

All depends on the package plan you use.
I'd advise you to pay attention that ServerPoint.com does provide that backup to their customer on request. Separate server to handle their backup to each hosting server, which take backup on daily basis and re-write the old backup with the new backup on daily basis.

Hqhost.com provides backup service and moreover their clients can do it themselves with the help of the control panel Auto Update. Interesting feature IMO.

Hqhost.com provides backup service and moreover their clients can do it themselves with the help of the control panel Auto Update. Interesting feature IMO.

What control panel is used on HQHost.net plans?
Can I get backup services without hosting my site with them?

What control panel is used on HQHost.net plans?
Can I get backup services without hosting my site with them?
HqHost.net uses Megatool control panel on their package plans. As for backing up I don't think that HqHost provides backup services separately from their web hosting services. It can be done only for the clients of this web hosting company.

I think that it depends on the web hosting provider. I have seen web hosting company offering backyup every 12 hours and I think that it is really great

Back
Top Bottom