looping flash movies & 1&1 hosting

never_eof

Beta member
just how long can 80GB last?

hi all

in a few months i'll be launching a subscription based website for an up and coming model here in the uk. i have a couple of quick questions i'd like your advice and/or thoughts on:

looping flash movies:

if i create a flash movie of let's say 150kb that lasts 10 secs and is on a loop, when someone accesses the particular web page it's on, am i only using 1 x 150kb bandwidth, or 150kb for every 10 secs the viewer stays on that page? i would love to put some creative flash in the site but am loathed to if it's going to consume too much bandwidth.

1&1 professional package:

this costs £19.99 per month and the basics are 10GB of web space and 80GB of monthly traffic allowed. obviously i'm aware my website is going to be full of large file sized images that subscribers can be clicking on over and over again, so depending on the popularity of the site i'm wondering if even 80GB per month will be enough? your views on 1&1 and whether or not you think 80GB will suffice (at least for the first few months) would be appreciated.

i know some companies offer 'unlimited' bandwidth but i often wonder what the small print really says, plus 1&1 offer a good overall package (quite a few extras.) if there is a company out there that gives as good a package including genune unlimited monthly bandwidth, i'd be grateful for the link!

thanks

dave

Back
Top Bottom