How to deal with Limited hosting plan

grgnng

Solid State Member
I have a hosting plan with limited features on cpanel, with no knowledge in html and program I can't do anything on this particular domain. I have talk to web hosting company but no information is come forth. What should I do with this domain.:confused:

Im sure you can build a site easy :) What hosting company are you with? What do you want to use the site for, forum / blog?

Limited plans usually mean that you probably have very little web space and limited bandwidth, besides probably the lack of a database and tools to manage it since you said there is too little to see in Cpanel, probably you have not either stats for your site but without further information on your plan I can only suggest options that may or may not work for you.

1. Create a statitc website using pre-made free templates that you can find almost anywhere, some popular sites to downlaod them are:

2. Create a dynamic website installing a script that runs over a flat text database. These scripts only require that you can chmod on files to make them writable, although most servers running PHP on CGI mode can do it automatically.

Such scripts include CMSs, Blogs, Forums and even stats for your site, the following are a few of them, including demos

but you can find more in Hot Scripts - The net's largest PHP, CGI, Perl, JavaScript and ASP script collection and resource web portal. and SourceForge.net: Find, Create, and Publish Open Source software for free using as keywords "flat database"

3. Find another hosting provider that offers more features, some good free hosting are:

Im sure you can build a site easy :) What hosting company are you with? What do you want to use the site for, forum / blog?

Am hosting with one of the biggest cell company in Kenya but just realized that is when they are rolling out this service to people and much hasn't be done. My website is about baby products.

Limited plans usually mean that you probably have very little web space and limited bandwidth, besides probably the lack of a database and tools to manage it since you said there is too little to see in Cpanel, probably you have not either stats for your site but without further information on your plan I can only suggest options that may or may not work for you.

1. Create a statitc website using pre-made free templates that you can find almost anywhere, some popular sites to downlaod them are:

2. Create a dynamic website installing a script that runs over a flat text database. These scripts only require that you can chmod on files to make them writable, although most servers running PHP on CGI mode can do it automatically.

Such scripts include CMSs, Blogs, Forums and even stats for your site, the following are a few of them, including demos

but you can find more in Hot Scripts - The net's largest PHP, CGI, Perl, JavaScript and ASP script collection and resource web portal. and SourceForge.net: Find, Create, and Publish Open Source software for free using as keywords "flat database"

3. Find another hosting provider that offers more features, some good free hosting are:

Thanks for all these resources which will be handy on how am going to handle this hosting company, this was my first hosting plan and due to the limited choices I have left unattended to but with all these I will once again give it a thought. Thanks again

If they have no support, you'd better choose another, more reliable, web hosting provider.
Say m6.net can be good place to deal with.. their pricing is cheap and their support is always ready to help and satisfy their clients.
Highly recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom