Zune HD vs. iPod Touch

You gotta think tho, like the video feature is cool and all but I personally can never find a good time to watch it on my zune when I have my laptop usually around me. High-Def is pretty much is kind of over-rated, the zune has a nice screen that runs a tiny powerful nvidia gpu which is what cool about it. Iduno, I was going to try to play a movie on it but the about of time trying to play with it and convert man i can just watch it on the pc lol... I download a few games for it and I was pretty amazed of how beautiful these games are and how well it preforms at it.

These are just my opinions by the way.

Sound Quality - Zune HD.
Screen - Zune HD (screen might be smaller, but I like the OLED better than LCD, and the 16:9 resolution)
Apps - iPod Touch
Software - Zune (I got used to Zune, so I use Zune instead of iTunes now)
UI - Zune HD
Video Quality - Both (depends on the resolution of your video actually (16:9 or 3:2))
Browser - iPod Touch
Touch - Both
Market Place (Music) - Zune Pass ($15 for unlimited download and stream, keep 10 songs a month)
Market Place (Misc.) - iPod Touch (Seems to have more selection)
Quality and Feel - Both are nice
Compatibility - iTunes (Mac and PC)
Price - Zune HD (16GB for $199 whereas iPod Touch are 8GB for $199)

Yeah, the Zune Software is far better than iTunes on PC. When I use my Powerbook, I'll use iTunes because it works well. But iTunes on PC is horribly optimized to the point where I think they really just didn't give a shit about it.

The Zune Software in contrast is great. The interface resembles the Zune HD interface, it's very clean cut and easy to use. The program itself starts up quickly and doesn't hog an excess amount of resources.

I like the Zune when it comes to putting music on the player. Zune player rocks...I think iTunes is really unstable. I've had alot of issues with it!!

Yeah. iTunes not only hogs RAM, but it doesn't work worth a damn. The Zune Software takes up a bit of RAM as well, but considering how smoothly and well the UI works, it's a small sacrifice I can make. At least the program does what it's supposed to do and what I tell it to do. iTunes can't even do that.

I'm going to have to go with the ipod touch on this one. I have never even seen a zine HD in person (they haven't come to canada yet). As far as I know there is no youtube app yet. IS there a windows live messenger app? they at least have to have that.

I'm still sticking with ipod touch even though apple really screwed us on the 4.0 firmware for multitasking which I was really looking for. It only works on 32-64gb models. I mean come on does the ability to multitask take up a whole bunch of space or something or does apple just demand that everyone go out and buy a new generation every time it is released and scrap our old ones even though they are perfectly fine

If you know how to code, you can use XNA to create apps for the Zune HD. So maybe somebody can somehow make a app to watch youtube videos. I think there is a third party chat app, but not sure how you exactly use it. I haven't mess with much apps on my Zune HD yet.

Yeah. iTunes not only hogs RAM, but it doesn't work worth a damn. The Zune Software takes up a bit of RAM as well, but considering how smoothly and well the UI works, it's a small sacrifice I can make. At least the program does what it's supposed to do and what I tell it to do. iTunes can't even do that.

Amen!

for me iTunes takes about 8 seconds to load up the program then it hangs for about 6 or 7 more while it finds my ipod, sometimes it will not load up at all when I click the itunes icon. Not cool apple:(

The Zune software seem to freeze for a couple seconds when it detects my player.
I remember iTunes took awhile to load up my music when I reformatted my computer. I didn't like the whole "looking for album art" and "determining gapless playback".

According to Teny' comparison, although the overall performance of Zune is good, but market share is not as good as a iPod. If I want to buy a mp3 player, I will also chose iPod. It looks cooler

Back
Top Bottom