the ZUNE!

MikeReiner said:
yeah, for my NW-HD1, i've actually had it fully charged, turned it on, listened for hours on end.. fell asleep with it on, woke up like 8 hours later, realized I was hearing pantera, and noticed the battery meter was at half.. i'd say about 12 hours right there.

At school on the other hand, I end up playing with it wayyy too much... i'm lucky if I get 3 hours out of it.

Sometimes I do that. Listening to music helps me fall asleep for some reason. :p When I play, I usually select by Artist, then by Album (Microsoft's Portable Media Center OS is like that) and play music. Usually I'm not even halfway through an album when I fall asleep. The good thng about my Gigabeat S is that when the album is done playing and theres no action, it automatically shuts off the player.

Yeah thats nice. I have mine on Repeat/shuffle haha, so I can wake up in the morning with an empty battery :\ Plus, a chance of looking at the player, and it having the screen smashed.

I most of the time manage to turn it off before falling to sleep and lean over the bed to put it ontop of the computer, but it does help me drift off too.

Haha, I sleep on a memory foam matress, so if I manage to squash my player under me as I sleep, the foam will only engulf it as a part of my body. :p Usually I put the player on the pillow next to me and when I wake up it's usually there.

im sorry but i do not think that the zune is a bad piece of hardware for a first generation. I sold my ipod video 30 GB about a year old and then bought a zune, i havent had a single problem with it and wouldnt say that there is one down point to it besides that its a little bulky. I find it funny that actually people mostly (i-pod fannboys) critisize the zune.. it acually does put up a fight with it..maybe not that big of one but it does... think about it a first generation zune actually puts up a fight with a 5th generation i-pod video... if microsoft keeps it up they will do very good. Even my friend sold his ipod video after he saw my zune and then bought one for himself... once those "crackers" crack the firmware for it, it will be a piece of incredible hardware if we're able to use the wifi and the sharing features of it to our advantage.... im still not sure about the software, ive had asome small problems with it but nothing big.... microsoft can always improve on that when ever they want to so im not that worried about it... overall the zune is an increadible music player.. that i would...anyday....buy over the ipod video

i have been reading around and ive heard that alot of people agree with me... i think its the pride of the apple fanboys./ ipod fanboys that are causeing them to critisize it...lemme tell you be scared.. because microsoft created this piece of hardware while creating vista, and office 2007, and microsoft xbox 360.... imagin if they didicated more of their staff to the zune project... just a thought

Back
Top Bottom