the ZUNE!

drumthrasher said:
but the one you could buy from apple sounds better...not like complete static. can you record from the zunes radio? i don't think so.

Why would you want to record from FM radio? I did that about 10-15 years ago on mixed tapes LMAO

Let's state some legit advantages that the iPod has over the Zune at this moment. There is none. So lets just end this argument here and now.

Networking isn't boring, by the way. It involves a lot more than what you learned in class, I can tell you that right now.

yeah the best thing about ipods is the looks and the thin construction. the thing i hate is the small screen on the nano, make a widescreen!

drumthrasher said:
look: if u want the zune, fine, i'm just saying that the ipod is better than the zune, so you may want to reconsider.

I never said I wanted the Zune. I already have my Gigabeat S which in my opinion is better than the iPod. I would ask you just be open minded next time, but I forgot that fanboys always have an extremely biased and narrow minded opinion. My bad.

drumthrasher said:
but the one you could buy from apple sounds better...not like complete static. can you record from the zunes radio? i don't think so.

Wow...it's freaking radio. It depends on your location, this isn't satellite radio. The ones you buy from Apple are just as good. Radio is radio. Also, I could care less about radio recording. Even if the Zune can't do it now, they could always implement it in a future firmware update. ;)

I agree with Chainer. None of the arguments you've presented are even hard facts. They're just your opinion and experiences.

Most players have FM recording anyway, even if the Zune doesn't. Heck, even your Apple rival Creative has FM recording in the players, and you don't have to buy something to activate it. Though, I don't use the feature, as you never know whats going to be on the radio at a time to record it, haha.
Now, if a personal MP3 player had a DAB digital radio fitted, I'd be impressed.

Being closed minded is not good what so ever. Fine, you think its the best there is, and you can stop posting in here now. You don't have a balanced mind to offer the words needed for this thread.
What your doing is close to spamming.

I hope the people behind Rock Box start making unoffical firmware for other players, like Creative. I'll be so happy with that, because yes, personally, I think normal people, could do a better job than the Creative team at implementing what we want.

Anyway, back to the Zune. I give it all the will power in mind to let it stamp out the Ipod, but I doubt that'll happen. With fan boys like guess who... it'll be just as useful as showing food to an untrained dog, and expecting it not to eat it.
Ipods it seems will always be around for this reason. Simpyl because Ipod lovers will just buy ipods, and will close off any other options unrationally.

I also, though, as I am not a fan boy, hope Apple can turn me around, into believing they are just as good as Creative, and especially Iaudio (I can't forget them, as they are tonnes better in my opinion), by offering the audio quality and features (and actually listing it) that I'd want, WITHOUT having to switch firmware because they are sticking with the Apple format.

I love the Zunes GUI by the way :p

the whole fm recording is more of a move to appease the riaa, they should have had the balls to include the feature. Creative took it away from all of its players and then brought it back to only one of them, so the manufacturers are under pressure from riaa.

this sucks because my zen v plus cant record fm anymore, to be honest id love to record radio, some songs you just never hear again.

Disclaimer: Everything I say below is in regards to the iPod Nano (4GB), not the iPod.

I can't say the iPod is the best because I really haven't looked into a Zune or any of the Creative players and their features, and drumthrasher; altough the iPod does have those features (and world time, games, calculator, calendar, etc. are not homebrew; they are in the official firmware) and it is a great MP3 player, my favorite personally; but that's because the only two I've tried are the iPod 4GB Blue Nano and Audiovox MP3-128MB player...

The iPod (Nano) is small and cool looking, I prefer the blue one; looks great. The click wheel is a good feature, but something new from Apple would be nice.

I remember them saying "The new iPod Nano, completely remastered" or something like that. The only thing they changed was aluminum, more space, a better battery and avaialble in different colors... and with the 2GB you can only get it in silver, 4GB has all the colors besides black, and 8GB has just black. What if I want the blue one, but want more space? Why can't Apple make the colors available for all of them, or just 4GB and 8GB at least?

Audio quality seems to be fairly good on my iPod, that's because I don't listen to it extremely loud and anything is enough to satisify me anyway.

RANT: The most annoying thing about the iPod is being limited to doing everything in iTunes and having to use its interface for everything, syncing music and all that. Another annoying thing: If we spend $300 on something (Canadian Funds, w/ tax, shipping and case), they might as well put a power adapter and a CD with iTunes on it in the little box instead of having to download the software (35MB on dialup isn't pretty, altough I did it on my wireless broadband), and you have to use the USB cable to charge it via the computer instead of through the power outlet on the wall. That is the most annoying thing i've ever saw.

The screen on the iPod is nice... with the backlight on that is. I've noticed Microsoft has been coming out with more innovative designs lately with the whole ribbon thing in Microsoft Office 2007 and the changes in Media Player and Vista, that makes me expect a nice menu interface in the Zune, and from what I've seen its pretty good. The iPod menu interface is kind of blank, you see music, photos, extras, settings, shuffle songs, and if you are currently playing a song you see now playing too.

The games that are on the iPod are horrible to play with the click wheel... altough I like the music quiz thing where it plays a song and, of out five, you have to choose which one you think it is. That gets boring though, after a while, and somewhat easy if you know your songs.

Rant 2: iTunes keeps crashing on me... well sometimes it works okay but other times it crashes on the time. Not responding, the program needs to close; Windows error messages and stuff like that.

All this from a used-to-be Apple fanboy. The iPod is a huge craze, everyone wants them, they are "so cool", well I guess they are somewhat cool, but they are just a I-Want-It-Because-My-Friend-Has-It-And-I-Want-To-Show-Off-My-iPod-Too item.

Altough I would recommend them to a friend... from California in the states to Newfoundland & Labrador in Canada in 8 days (not all business days) isn't bad through FedEx. No customs problems or anything. By the way, the box they put it in is so tiny and horrible... mine broke when I opened it.

Hmmm from reading everyone's post on the Zune, it sounds sucky. I've had people at work telling me if they should get the Zune for Christmas. Now I know what to tell them. Majority rules, and Zune blows.

Ah, but do you know for a fact that they actually touched it and played with it? I mean come on people...looking at damn pictures and reading paper specs doesn't do SHIT. It's just like the whole PS3 vs. Xbox 360 thing where EVERYONE was like, "zOMG!!!!11!! T3h PS3 has more cores so it has to be B3tteR!!!!!1111!" :rolleyes:

Go find a kiosk, play around with the working demo and see if the Zune fits what you want.

On other news, in the first week of sales, the Zune has captured 9% of the market. Sure, this sounds weak compared to the iPod's 60-70% dominance, but considering it's only been the first week, being second place and surpassing Creative in one go is pretty damn impressive if you ask me. The only question is if the Zune has the endurance. ;)

Google Guru said:
Disclaimer: Everything I say below is in regards to the iPod Nano (4GB), not the iPod.

I can't say the iPod is the best because I really haven't looked into a Zune or any of the Creative players and their features, and drumthrasher; altough the iPod does have those features (and world time, games, calculator, calendar, etc. are not homebrew; they are in the official firmware) and it is a great MP3 player, my favorite personally; but that's because the only two I've tried are the iPod 4GB Blue Nano and Audiovox MP3-128MB player...

The iPod (Nano) is small and cool looking, I prefer the blue one; looks great. The click wheel is a good feature, but something new from Apple would be nice.

I remember them saying "The new iPod Nano, completely remastered" or something like that. The only thing they changed was aluminum, more space, a better battery and avaialble in different colors... and with the 2GB you can only get it in silver, 4GB has all the colors besides black, and 8GB has just black. What if I want the blue one, but want more space? Why can't Apple make the colors available for all of them, or just 4GB and 8GB at least?

Audio quality seems to be fairly good on my iPod, that's because I don't listen to it extremely loud and anything is enough to satisify me anyway.

RANT: The most annoying thing about the iPod is being limited to doing everything in iTunes and having to use its interface for everything, syncing music and all that. Another annoying thing: If we spend $300 on something (Canadian Funds, w/ tax, shipping and case), they might as well put a power adapter and a CD with iTunes on it in the little box instead of having to download the software (35MB on dialup isn't pretty, altough I did it on my wireless broadband), and you have to use the USB cable to charge it via the computer instead of through the power outlet on the wall. That is the most annoying thing i've ever saw.

The screen on the iPod is nice... with the backlight on that is. I've noticed Microsoft has been coming out with more innovative designs lately with the whole ribbon thing in Microsoft Office 2007 and the changes in Media Player and Vista, that makes me expect a nice menu interface in the Zune, and from what I've seen its pretty good. The iPod menu interface is kind of blank, you see music, photos, extras, settings, shuffle songs, and if you are currently playing a song you see now playing too.

The games that are on the iPod are horrible to play with the click wheel... altough I like the music quiz thing where it plays a song and, of out five, you have to choose which one you think it is. That gets boring though, after a while, and somewhat easy if you know your songs.

Rant 2: iTunes keeps crashing on me... well sometimes it works okay but other times it crashes on the time. Not responding, the program needs to close; Windows error messages and stuff like that.

All this from a used-to-be Apple fanboy. The iPod is a huge craze, everyone wants them, they are "so cool", well I guess they are somewhat cool, but they are just a I-Want-It-Because-My-Friend-Has-It-And-I-Want-To-Show-Off-My-iPod-Too item.

Altough I would recommend them to a friend... from California in the states to Newfoundland & Labrador in Canada in 8 days (not all business days) isn't bad through FedEx. No customs problems or anything. By the way, the box they put it in is so tiny and horrible... mine broke when I opened it.

I do agree with you. Itunes has been nothing but trouble for me as well, it's a nice media player but quite frankly... it runs like crap for me. I've heard it doesn't do this on macintosh machines but I wouldn't know. the ipod is still my favorite mp3 player but the zune is pretty cool too :) i'm just not pursuaded to get a zune until they do some reports and stuff and I see how they are in the long term (a year or two or more) like i did with the ipods.

Well if you already have the iPod, just keep it. There's no use selling an iPod for a Zune, just because it's new or whatnot. Unless you're some technophile that HAS to buy everything new. :p

Back
Top Bottom