XBOX360 broken?

apparently if you have a broken Xbox 360 just ring up microsoft and you won't even have to send them the console if you just ask for a upgrade to elite! (ONLY £60) IMO well worth it... and it'll mean it doesn't matter whether they think warranty is void you can just blag it! they won't check.

its called the 3 rings of death and i had it before i just sent it to them they sent me a brand new one

O and i am wondering if u can just upgrade to a 65nm 360 cuz mine is going a bit dun dun

this may sound messed up, but wrap your xbox in towels turn it on for 15 mins while watching it. and after 15 mins let it cool down for ten. then take towels off and power up. the reason is because the xbox gets so hot that the processor actually melts off the board. by wraping it in towels you are creating more heat so naturally it melts back on . this is only a temporary fix. usually works for 4 to 8 weeks.

P.S. if this desn't work then just call MS and report it

and after you do that go buy the cooler for the 360 it cost bout 20 bucks!!

$20, how is that? Just call microsoft and tell them yours is no good? I should do that... Even tho I dont have a 360, lol. Borrow someone else PIN or something, lol.
No, I hope Microsoft is smarter than that...

My Xbox 360 died about a week ago with 3 red lights of death, and it hasn't started up since.

Though, I hated this:

I rang the customer support today to get a new UPS number and find out how to send it off, and they said to power on the system, and even though I had powered it up 5 minutes before, and tonnes of times before that, it worked.

I said thanks, and plugged the console up to the TV itself, to find that the screen was frazzled and frozen, and a reset caused it to go back to red again.

So, yeah, I'm going to send it off tomorow.

Ive had a simiular experiance with my X 360
and so has my friend
ill tell his story first, then mine
he bought his 360 out of state (im in Indiana) and didnt have a warrenty on it
of any sort, and he wasnt going back to the store of purchase (which is 4 hrs away) just to trade in his 360
so he went out and bought another 360 at Best Buy and got a replacement plan
so now he has 2 one that works and is replaceable for 2 yrs, and one that doesnt
so on fri hes going to give me his broken one and im going to open the sob up
and take a gander at what i can see, if anything :D
im hopeing to identify most of the parts and see if i cant find the problem
not that i could fix it or anything

now its my turn
i had mine for a little over a year, and i was smart about it
i bought it from Best Buy with a 2 yr plan
it was starting to f**k up on me so i took the sob back and my warrenty was still good
when i made the purchase it was the original price
when i replaced it, it was $50 cheaper
so i was able to get a whole new system, keep my old HDD, and get a whole new 2 yr plan for only $6 :D :D
boy was i happy
so if you have a Best Buy close to you
then it is worth the $ to buy from them and get a 2 yr plan as well
you will never regret it :D
i know im not

I don't think we have any of them here :(
Still, Microsoft should cover mine for another 2 years, but I'm hoping this will be the first and last time...

Sorry about the edit. I just don't like that word being used on a forum if I see it.

Back
Top Bottom