Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-30-2006, 02:12 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Xbox 360 DVD drive stops spinning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
where the hell are you getting $70+ for a ps3 game, the official price is 59.99 exactly like most of the xbox 360 games!!!! xbox fans just make up crap all the time, its getting annoying
even if sony is being arroagant at least they have some right to be they have a big share of the market. id rather have a complete product that is over priced, than a half assed one that costs "less".
Prove it. Prove to me it is $59.99 then. (Mind, I still think even that is BS, I thought the same thing when that was the price announced for 360 games.)

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
where the hell are you getting $70+ for a ps3 game, the official price is 59.99 exactly like most of the xbox 360 games!!!! xbox fans just make up crap all the time, its getting annoying
even if sony is being arroagant at least they have some right to be they have a big share of the market. id rather have a complete product that is over priced, than a half assed one that costs "less".
It depends on the publisher. Most games are listed at $59.99, but there are some listed at $69.99 (like Armored Core 4).

How the hell is the Xbox 360 half-assed? Just because they have an external HD-DVD drive? The Xbox 360 does exactly what it was designed to do. Play games and join gamers together though Xbox Live. The external drive is merely to give gamers a chance to experience HD-DVD without spending big bucks buying those Toshiba machines.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
It depends on the publisher. Most games are listed at $59.99, but there are some listed at $69.99 (like Armored Core 4).

How the hell is the Xbox 360 half-assed? Just because they have an external HD-DVD drive? The Xbox 360 does exactly what it was designed to do. Play games and join gamers together though Xbox Live. The external drive is merely to give gamers a chance to experience HD-DVD without spending big bucks buying those Toshiba machines.
You couldn't pay me to buy ANYTHING from toshiba.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #14
Golden Master

Toshiba is okay. If the product arrives fine, it's not bad. Just don't expect any support on the products though. I'm considering returning or selling my Toshiba Gigabeat S and investing in a Zune or something. There is pretty much no support whatsoever. No accessories, no updates, no nothing. Getting annoying really...
Old 09-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #15
Golden Master

eh, i've had a grudge agasint toshiba ever since they fired my dad. Age descrimination..
Old 09-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #16
Golden Master

Oh, sorry to hear that. Has he found a job yet?
Old 09-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

How has my thread about problems with my Xbox turned into a fuede as to wheather PS3 is better?... Its going to have problems too, trust me.

I'm loving Burnout

I don't honestly care about which one i went for. I'm not into any of the exclusve games coming out on any, so I'm happy with getting the ones that are coming out on both, so it doesn't really matter.

I just wish the DVD drive was quieter when it turns on, as it stays on when a game is on (the old one didnt) as it has a very high whine to it, and the console itself has a very low whine :s

Looking forward to PGR4,
Next burnouts, yay They better not go exlcusive to PS3 or something, or I'll seriosuly go over to there factory and kill them all.

Sonic (even though thats probably going to be rubbish, as there filling it with physics crap and new characters),

and Need For Speed Carbon, which looks excellent

CONSOLES:

To tell the truth, its only a matter of preference of games, because I don't believe the PS3 is going to really have an advantage. I think they'll both hold their own.

Only thing I see thats qan advantage to the PS3 is the Blu-Ray drive (if it wins, which I hope actually), and the fact all have the hard drive, so this can actually be used as a cache to speed loading up, rather than with the 360 that has to do without since some people won't have one.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner
eh, i've had a grudge agasint toshiba ever since they fired my dad. Age descrimination..

Lol just reading that I do to

Cause thats just not right
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #19
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Lol just reading that I do to

Cause thats just not right
Yeah, it's not really fair when a bunch of younger people can make all sort of screw ups and not get fired, where my dad got fired for one minor mistake in 20 years..
Old 10-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Well it'll be illiegal for them to do that soon.

Getting online means I need a router. I have tried a switch yet that didn't work, so a router seems the only way.

I will replace the game tommorow hopefully, and is this report true from IGN?:

If so, it sort of flips what people thought about the Xbox 360 on its head:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html