Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet View Post
I would get a job, but the stupid US Government won't let me! I wish there were no age limit laws in affect...
well it all depends on what you want to do, if i remember right there are 18 jobs you can't hold while under the age of 18.

-Edit-
whoops...didn't mean to bump up a old thread, sorry!

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
Golden Master

Well...lot's of places just don't hire under 18. Example - lifeguards. You can get certified at 16, but many places won't hire until you're 18.

Anyway, don't get a modchip yet. Wait a while for some reliable ones to be released. That way, you can get really good documentation and software support. You definitely don't want a buggy dashboard on your Wii.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #13
Golden Master

Mod chips? I don't suppose Nintendo supports this? Never heard of this before-a hack for game consoles. I've heard of emulators but to actually mod a physical game console is another story.

Good luck with that. The Wii is hot though. While PS3 has dropped their prices, Wii is not budging. Ha, stores are still trying to keep them in stock. They sell out too quickly. Way to go Nintendo!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Ya, I found a place where you can visit on the Wii browser where a game runs and you can use your wii remote to play, I found duck hunt
Old 07-16-2007, 12:45 AM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOwner View Post
Mod chips? I don't suppose Nintendo supports this? Never heard of this before-a hack for game consoles. I've heard of emulators but to actually mod a physical game console is another story.

Good luck with that. The Wii is hot though. While PS3 has dropped their prices, Wii is not budging. Ha, stores are still trying to keep them in stock. They sell out too quickly. Way to go Nintendo!!!!
Nintendo doesn't have to lower their prices. At $250, Nintendo makes about $50 per console made. Shigeru Miyamoto even said that if they took out the integrated flash memory to store game saves and Miis they would've saved about $50 in manufacturing costs.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 are different though. Because the hardware is so high-end and complex, it's very expensive to manufacture. Both Sony and Microsoft are taking losses for each console sold, which is why both companies have been relatively hesitant to make price drops.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:06 AM   #16
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOwner View Post

Mod chips have been out forever...I have one in my (original) Xbox.

Basically what they do is allow you to load an alternate "dashboard." Sort of like an OS for a console. This allows you to do things such as use burned games, FTP to the console's hard drive (therefore put on trainers, games, even movies), put in a larger hard drive, etc etc etc. You can even load Linux on most consoles.