Wifi issue

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
Got a good one for you. My tab!et has decided to NOT see my wifi modem. Itsees the others in the neigh orhood. I checked ours and Debs compjter works just fine and so do our phones. I feset the wifi znd it showx everyones but mine. How does a tablet get selective as go who it wants to connect to??? A y ideas? I did a reset so far and then a restart. The phone connect works fine. Just the wifi is giving me the issude. Help, wd65

I'm not familiar with tablets since I don't own one, but is there a setting that says connect to a hidden connection?

On my laptop, sometimes it would do that and not see my wi-fi , but that was when I was running Linux on it.

When I clicked on hidden connection , then I would see my wi-fi.

No fellows, no hidden wifi and no i tried to enter the info and it just stairs. I went to Verizon where i got it and they couldn't get there free wifi to work, it would see it but wouldn't connect even with it saying it was connected. I knew that thing was screwing up but at least it waited till i got this computer back up and running. There sending a new one to me. Dan;)

It is on it way back to Asus for repairs. Took it to where we got it,(Verizon) and they tried to get it to work there with there wifi. They couldn't get it to work so its being fixed. The keyboard was another issue. It is virtual. The P gets confused with the back key and N just is in a bad place as i hit it sometimes three times to get it to type N once. There was other issues with it. Lock-up was one of those that really Pissed me off. It would just freeze and nothing would work other than holding the power button for say 10-15 seconds before it said to itself that it needed to restart! This is the second time it has gone to the shop. The last time they gave me a different one. They (i am guessing) are just giving a remanufactured unit and sending the bad unit back to where they fix them. Maybe i will have better luck with the next one. By the way, the first one stopped reading the ms card. That was all that was wrong with that one. I am stuck with a 2 year contract but i am about to say the hell with there contract and throw it right at them! If this one is "right" i may stick with it. Asus has dropped the ball with there status as far as great units. I used to swear they were the best. not..anymore.... :facepalm:

I guess it is related more to my thinking than my vision... maybe cuz I'm not married?!?!

As for the OP's typos... man, those were intense :)

Back
Top Bottom