why are ipods so popular?

personly i recon Creative is better aswell but Ipods are more popular because they have more exesorys. Well thats my opinion.

Yeah but most of those accessories that you can get for Ipod come built into Creative players.

Mic, Radio, and AC power supply.

You can buy alot of products for Creative too if you look.

I wish Creative moved onto the bandwagon of othering more power though. I'd be very happy if all players lasted 24 hours or more.

Thats what are good about Sony players, but they lack in other areas. You pay alot for the name, but not much in terms of features.

iPods (video) also have a WAY larger selection of available movies, shows, music vids formatted specifically for iPod...

I have the Creative Zen Touch 20gig, I love the fact that it holds all my music (just about) means that going to mates houses, and if we are all just chilling can just plug it into the aux input on their stereo and play your tunes, also its great when you are going away as you never sure on what music you will be in the mood for, chilling on the beach or walking through the countryside, all calls for different music.

I want to get one of those itravel things for it, so I can use it in my car, at the moment I can play mp3 cds but well that will save a lot of hassle.

I had the iriver h-120 I think it was but the hard drive burned after about 9 months, took it back to PC world, and they gave me my money back, which at the time when I brought it, it was £270, then brought the Zen for £170........so saved a £100....

Yeah, and the Zen Touch has up to 24 hours battery life. your bound to get about 20 hours at least out of it :)

07mackenzie said:
I have this theory that everyone who doesn't have one hates them. And it's true. I didn't have one and I always said "iPods suck". I got one, and of course I use it every day :p

I've used iPods many, many times, yes I am disappointed. They do suck when it comes to the technical stuff. So no, your theory isn't true. It really depends on the person. You've found your happiness with you iPod and that's fine. I prefer to get as much bang for my buck, which is why I prefer Creative.

07mackenzie said:
iPods (video) also have a WAY larger selection of available movies, shows, music vids formatted specifically for iPod...

It's not that hard to convert a movie from it's DVD format (.vob) to AVI or DivX or XviD. iPods weakness is actually in format support. The iPod Video only supports like one or two video formats while Creative Zen Vision:M: supports a whole slew of formats that are widely used by everyone.

I agree with Alvino :p

Really though, battery life is the only thing lowering Creative down :( They aren't the worst though, but they need to work on fitting bigger batteries in components.

I hate having to recharge all the damn time. My Creative Zen Vision M lasts a day and I have to recharge. If I don't, it goes to red, and comes up with low battery before the day is done. So I have to recharge it the night before when its on about half battery...

Well it's always like that. Our battery technology simply can't keep up with the pace our technology is going at. If you want more battery life, then you have to sacrifice space for it, but if you want compactness, then you have to sacrifice playing time for it. So it's really a vicious cycle.

Kage said:
I agree with Alvino :p

Really though, battery life is the only thing lowering Creative down :( They aren't the worst though, but they need to work on fitting bigger batteries in components.

I hate having to recharge all the damn time. My Creative Zen Vision M lasts a day and I have to recharge. If I don't, it goes to red, and comes up with low battery before the day is done. So I have to recharge it the night before when its on about half battery...

I have never had a problem with battery life, it easily lasts a weekend with quite heavy use, but then when I am home it just remains connected to the charger and hell bigger batteries? My zen is big enough as it is lol......thats the problem I don't like its that its a bit too big to fit comfortably in my pocket when I am jogging, or down the gym

Back
Top Bottom