why are ipods so popular?

The Power said:
Who said you can't drop a creative in the lake and it will still work?? I have tested both ipods and creatives and Creative destroys it. My creative has insane battery life that even with the backlight on, I never remember when I recharged it last. My Creative fell on the road when I was riding my bike the 2nd day i got it. It still worked. I disagree with you saying ipods are tough, my mom dropped her ipod and it got killed. iPods are becoming to much of a trend now and I HATE it when people say, oh is that an ipod?? They assume the ipod is the only mp3 out there. I can think of numerous ways why the Creative Vision M owns the iPod video. And have proof.
i agree with you a bit. ipods are basically just for royalty and to be "trendy". they lack many features, but have "the look" and are virtually idiot-proof... wat, it has like 4 buttons or something?
i gotta agree with you on this too; i hate when people say "... like an ipod?" when im referring to any mp3 player or whatnot. like i would talk about a phone with a built in media/audio player. and ppl would say "huh? ...so its like an ipod?" and i would laugh to hide my disguist in their ignorance of technology. ha. 2 big words! yay for me. :D
ya, i have an ipod though. i got caught up in the craze and all that. and i regret it now, especially because it only accepts certain video formats. :mad: and my pc takes forever to convert them

The iPod Video is overhyped. If you want something similar, get the Creative Zen Vision:M:. It easily owns the iPod Video.

iPod earphones suck. Actually, almost all stock earphones suck. That's why I got the Shure E2c's, because they own.

http://www.shurestore.com/earphones/eseries_e2c.html

e2c_b.jpg

Yeah, they look good, but the technical stuff sucks. Hahah...an iPod FM radio adapter. That's how Apple makes additional money...they have the main product lack some and release the solution at a price that jacks up the overall cost of the whole package. :rolleyes:

I agree with Alvino 100%.

Creative Vision M easily owns all of them. http://www.everythingusb.com/creative_zen_vision:m_30gb.html
If you scroll down, you can see the difference in video quality.

But, both the vision M and ipod video are not primarily for video use. They are intended for music primarily. If you want a video player primarily, get the Creative Vision. that owns the vision M and the ipod video.

FALL IPODS!!!

Oh the Zen Vision M owns way beyond video quality (which btw, the Vision M has almost 4x the colors the iPod Video does). While the iPod Video only supports one or two obscure video format, the Vision M supports pretty much anything you can think of...WMV, DivX, XviD, AVI, MPEG-2, MPEG-3, MPEG4 etc etc...

Yeha, I have the Zen Vision M, and I'm very happy with it.
Once they bring out the next firmware, it'll be almost perfect.

Look at my thread in social lounge - ZVM Renders :p (Zen Vision M)

Ahh...so that's what that thread was about. I thought it was talking about graphics renders. :p

Ipods are way overrated. The Creative Vision M has 240,000 colours and the Ipod Video has 64,000 colours.
It also has a longer battery life.

yes... but the reason that Ipods are so popular is that they were there first...
they have an attached store.
there are several Ipod versions
original (gen 1 - 4)
nano,
shuffle
video

and a ton of acessories...
AND people so about making car radios and such that are listed as IPOD compatible..

to answer the original question, Ipods are so popular because Apple have better marketing people than creative do...

Back
Top Bottom