Transferring data to and from a cell phone

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I just got a usb bluetooth adapter to use with my cell phone, I want to transfer pics to my pc and transfer ringtones. How do I do it? Do I have to have a program to transfer files? Any help would be appreciated.

Well, looks like you need a driver. My aunt's phone was recognised, but needed drivers.

you need to install the drivers for the bluetooth adapter. then it should come with software to transfer stuff to the phone. just make sure bluetooth is turned on in the phone :p

It doesn't seem like my phone supports file transfer.

Edit: I installed the drivers for bluetooth and it seems that the only things the phone supports is voice gateway and serial port mode. Is it the serial port mode that I need for a program to transfer files to and from the phone?

I went to the Verizon store today and found out that it has to be a Vcast phone to be able to transfer files directly to your computer from the phone, and it isn't vcast. So I'll be returning the bluetooth adapter I bought.

I don't think you can transfer files over Bluetooth with most phones.
lol yes you can. thats the whole reason people have usb bluetooth adapters. it is to replace the standard usb or ir connectivity.
what phone do you have?

Back
Top Bottom