Surround Sound on my Laptop

Levim

Beta member
I have a set of creative inspire p7800 7.1 surround sound speaker set at home (I'm at college) and I know that you are supposed to have a sound card for all the wires to plug into, but is there any way for me to use the speakers on my laptop? My laptop has only a headphone jack but I was wondering if I could get a plug that at least allowed me to plug my sub into it.

any help or alternatives?

so i wont even be able to buy anything that lets me use the speakers/sub at all. without surround?

edit *whoah that's wierd, lol im on my old account again somehow lol*

that depends does your surround sound have a built in decoder ?

some surround sounds have a 2 RCA unputer and it will split it into 5.1

but others will just have 6 RCA inputs on it which means all it does is amplify it

right there is def a way to have audio through your laptop played through that system,

how many speakers it comes out of is a different matter though,

inspire Site said:
Auxiliary input - for listening to MP3 and music players while gaming

which means it has a red and white audio input which means all you do is get a 3.5mm headphone jack to 2 RCA lead,

like this 1 http://edifier.ca/eshop/images/L221MM-2.jpg

and plug the headphone into your laptop and the red n white into the back of your surround sound,

but again how many speakers it comes out of i dont know ?>

okay ty, i guess it doesn't really matter how many speakers it will come out of because i already bought the set. it's waisting away at my parents house right now.

ill have to head over to radio shack and buy that adapter... and convince my mom to ship my stuff over from Japan lol

Back
Top Bottom