stuipid xbox 360

ad356

Solid State Member
i just got the red ring of death on my xbox 360 yesterday. im really pissed off. i have a 2007 model xbox 360. when i first bought it i honestly thought microsoft fixed the problems with the unit and only the earlier machines were affected. i now read on the internet that they have a 50% failure rate !!!! thats terrible. i paid good money for my xbox 360, i bought it when they were still 350 bucks. im not happy with that. i realize that i can probably send it back to microsoft for a replacement. i dont feel that users should have to do that. what a hastle, my xbox 360 also doubles as the dvd player. so now my wife and i dont have anything to watch movies on right now. i think dont think im ever going to buy another console again, especailly a microsoft unit. i am also an avid PC gamer. out of all the video cards, processors, memory, hard drives, and power supplies i have owned, i have never owned such and unreliable product. im not happy, microsoft. at least windows works, most of the time. at when it goes down(which it does) its easy enough to reinstall. a gaming console should last until your sick and tired of it. i think im going to stick with my pc gaming roots (i started out a PC gamer). the only downfall to PC gaming is that they often dont release enough titles. if every title that was bought to the 360 was also aviable on PC, i would NEVER buy a gaming console. i wanted to play forza 2, halo 3, and the new grand theft auto game. im also disappointed with the lack of a gears of war II release on PC. i own gears of war for windows and its a blast.

Yeah, that sucks man. I never had a problem yet, but I got that black elite like 8 months ago? My old original xbox, I had replaced 3 times. Luckily, I have a warranty through bestbuy. So when you xbox brakes you take to best buy and they give you another one instantly. I recommend that everyone get that warranty because it's basically stress free....

i guess i was luckier then most people

i bought a 360 elite last september and only had to get it repaired once due to hard-drive problem

You mention Gears of War, totally a sick game. i have it for PC myself, and like you said, its a blast to play!

Sucks about your 360 tho, i was thinking of getting the Elite edition this christmas, but maybe i'll be rethinking that LOL.

@LukaszR- well, i think Microsoft has most of the 360 problems ironed out, like my problem was pretty rare from what i researched, like 1 in a 1000...and the RROD is fairly uncommon now from my understanding

you can buy a kit of ebay which consits of 4 nylon washers and bolts had the same problem but run out of warrenty so replaced it myself and now it nver fails ...touch wood....if you have warrenty best just to send it in mate good luck.

ok lol just send it in man, sucks but thats what happens i guess, nothing always happens like u want it to. My friend got his at launch day and it still works fine. Ive had mine since launch and im on my third but i dont care anymore, i barley play it anymore, i only like to play when my friends are on so we can play on live, or when a new good game comes out. GoW2 should come out on PC though, reason why i dont think it will is cause they didnt sell enough copys on the pc, but thats just my guess.

Back
Top Bottom