Streaks on screen

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi all, just got a pretty cheap deal on a tv, someone I know was upgrading their tv, they sold us their 40" hd Alba tv for £25, not a very good make, but at the price, that make sounded a hell of a lot more appealing.

The only problem I have with it, are the streaks on the screen, I'm guessing polish, when they're cleaning up, they will probably just polish the screen while they're doing the house, but I'm not sure, but try as I might, I can't seem to get what ever it is off, I've been using a shop brought microfiber cloth and shop brought cleaning solution, my tv is mocking me, has anyone else had to try and remove this? is it even likely polish?

Probably nicotine film. I smoke and it's a real bear to get off. I just wipe the screens off with a rag dampened with hydrogen peroxide. Just damp mind you. Then follow with newspaper.

Ah it can be a real pain to clean a machine when the owner has smoked (no offence to anybody here).

The heatsinks/fans on laptops seem to be affected the most, you get a dust build-up, but it's yellow, fairly sticky, and disgusting if I'm honest, it's quite hard to get rid of the smell as well, but I tend to find a quick wipe down with a drop of WD40 does okay (then the WD40 is wiped off again)

Back
Top Bottom