Stereo USB Headset Driver

jwinn3

Baseband Member
I'm using a Cyber Acoustics AC-850 Stereo USB headset with microphone on Windows XP Home – SP2 and I need to have a software driver that provides control panel functions, i.e., headset volume settings, reverb setting, karaoke settings, etc. This headset came packaged without a software driver included. Can someone direct me to the appropriate website where I can download this driver? I've already tried the CyberAcoustics website with no luck, I also tried DriverGuide.com…no luck. I originally had this driver which was located and installed via a Driver Genius management tool scan. But since then I've had to completely reinstall my OS, losing everything.

I found this possible solution for ya il copy and paste it in:

Fixing That Annoying Issue Mentioned In Other Reviews:
In the first review written for this headset, the author mentioned quite a perplexing issue that would drive anyone nuts. When using the mic, he would have to literally scream to get any input from it. I read that review before opening my package and had second thoughts about it, but then remembered the 14-day hassle free return policy. So I went ahead and opened it and plugged it into the nearest USB port [every side of my notebook. lol]. And I'll be dÃ…mned, the same problem. I tampered with all of the settings in control panel and in the volume properties, but to no avail. The headphones worked great, but the microphone seemed to be deaf. I had to yell into it just to get a small rise in the spectrum analyzer I used to test it. Before packing it back up and returning it, I Googled the issue to find a resolution. In the depths of a tech forum, my answer awaited.
To fix this annoying issue, and to save this product from a horrible one-star rating, you need to leave the headset plugged in. Without touching anything, run WINDOWS UPDATE and let it download all files that it presents you. Shouldn't take too long with broadband. After the updating, there was a new item in the 'audio devices' hardware, in control panel, called "C-Media USB Sound Device". Since then, the AC-850 has worked like a dream. Now, when I plug it in, a new volume panel opens when I double-click the volume icon.

Hope that helps mate

Taken from epinions.com

Raffaz said:
I found this possible solution for ya il copy and paste it in:

Fixing That Annoying Issue Mentioned In Other Reviews:
In the first review written for this headset, the author mentioned quite a perplexing issue that would drive anyone nuts. When using the mic, he would have to literally scream to get any input from it. I read that review before opening my package and had second thoughts about it, but then remembered the 14-day hassle free return policy. So I went ahead and opened it and plugged it into the nearest USB port [every side of my notebook. lol]. And I'll be dÃ…mned, the same problem. I tampered with all of the settings in control panel and in the volume properties, but to no avail. The headphones worked great, but the microphone seemed to be deaf. I had to yell into it just to get a small rise in the spectrum analyzer I used to test it. Before packing it back up and returning it, I Googled the issue to find a resolution. In the depths of a tech forum, my answer awaited.
To fix this annoying issue, and to save this product from a horrible one-star rating, you need to leave the headset plugged in. Without touching anything, run WINDOWS UPDATE and let it download all files that it presents you. Shouldn't take too long with broadband. After the updating, there was a new item in the 'audio devices' hardware, in control panel, called "C-Media USB Sound Device". Since then, the AC-850 has worked like a dream. Now, when I plug it in, a new volume panel opens when I double-click the volume icon.

Hope that helps mate

Taken from epinions.com

Raffaz:

As mentioned in your solution I ran windows update and was unable to locate this driver, instead Windows XP Home Edition installed a generic driver for this device and it works fine but it doesn't have the control panel. I'm able to use the device but I need to have the complete functionality of it. So to cover all bases I went to device manager and uninstalled the generic driver...went to windows update and it couldn't locate the driver. I don't know if it is still available or what.

Have you got the latest service pack? Sometimes a driver disappears from the website because they add it to the latest service pack

Back
Top Bottom