Smart Phone with WiFi from Verizon...Suggestions?

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been around...college has been extremely busy.

My Alltel contract has expired and they are also finally switching to Verizon (who bought them out some time ago). Anyways, it's time for a new phone as I've had my Rokr for over 2 years and it doesn't hold a charge and it literally falling apart (buttons falling off, etc.)

Anyways, I would really like a phone with WiFi. IIRC, pretty much every carrier disables WiFi on Blackberry's and such, so I'm going to have to go with something like an HTC or something. I just can't afford a data plan, so that's the reason for WiFi...it's just something I'd like to have. So if someone has some insight as to what would be a great phone with WiFi from Verizon, that'd be great. Also, I CANNOT buy from eBay or NewEgg because it's just too expensive (i.e. purchase an unlocked phone or something).

The phone that I found that had good reviews was this one, the HTC Ozone.

Also...NO TOUCH PHONES. I'm not coordinated enough and I hate the iPod Touch my friend has...it's just too difficult to use...I need a QWERTY keyboard.

Thanks to anyone who can help out.

Get an HTC touch phone with a full keyboard. Like the G1. Except I dont think thats for verizon. But you can't get any PDA phone without data. Get a reg phone at the store. Sell it brand new on ebay. Then get an HTC smartphone off ebay. Save money and avoid data fees.
Get the phone that will net you the most profit on ebay.
I did this a year ago. Got a Palm Centro for $50, no data. Sold it for $250 on ebay. Got an HTC Tilt for $300. Net loss=$100. Store price of a Touch=$200+$30 month data plan.

I win.

You can't get a PDA without a data plan? What a bunch of frickin BS. I might as well just not even bother then.

But I don't get why you can buy your own phone and avoid data fees?

Well, I'm glad I did some research. It seems that in Q1 of '09, VRZ changed it's policy so that you cannot go buy a PDA/BlackBerry/Smartphone from a retailer (unlocked) and have them connect it with NO data fee...EVERY PDA/Smartphone must have a data plan. I found this in an article somewhere on google. So I'm giving up. I think I'm going to get the LG enV Touch for the coolness factor and full qwerty keyboard. Then, with the money I'll save over buying a high-class smartphone, I might pick up an xbox360 or PS3 :p.

Back
Top Bottom