Roku 1

Do you have one connected directly to your TV or have you got a surround receiver/amp?

Also is the 3 much better than the 1?

The 3 has a faster processor and has USB port and SD card slot. The 3 also has a headphone jack built into it's remote that I really like.

All of my Rokus connect directly to the TVs via HDMI cable.

hanks for your reply's strollin.:thumb:

A friend of mine has said he'd give me a roku 1, so I'll try that and maybe upgrade later (if happy) .:)
That mic in the remote sounds a great idea, also the SD slot would be good to view photo's & movies...right?
I have a Pioneer 7.1 receiver, so would be good to hear from someone who has a surround system for there views if they have a Roku, or any streaming box come to that.;)

Yes, the USB port will let you plug in an external drive with movies or photos and the SD card slot will let you do the same with an SD card.

I like the headphone jack in the remote so I can plug in headphones at night so I don't disturb others without the need for a long cable to plugin to the TV.

I have no experience with a Pioneer receiver so can't comment on that.

Ha ha, yes I have a pair of half decent headphones with a long lead, so SWMBO won't trip over it if I eventually get the 3 :D

Back
Top Bottom