Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #61
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: PS3 vs Wii

I always do, and its rather annoying. Its alright while on the menu, but as soon as a games put in. Whiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...eeeeeeEEEEEE!!!! hehe.
My Xbox also seems to make click sounds sometimes while its on, like an electric unit does sometimes after its been turned off. I'm not really worried its anything more serious though.

One thing I advise any owner to do though, is play games with it on its side, rather than standing up. I notice when putting games in when its standing up, the disc rotates as its going in, which I realised does put marks on the disc.

Old 12-24-2006, 06:09 PM   #62
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Haha, well all DVD drives make loud noises when they spin up. Even my computer does it. The only reason why the PS3's optical drive doesn't make much noise is that the spin rate for Blu-Ray discs are like what? 2x? 4x? DVD's are about 12x to 16x now...so it does get pretty loud.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:05 AM   #63
Daemon Poster

yeah the only time i notice the noise is when i turn the system off after like 8 hours, and then i go touch it and its really warm (ps2).

apart from that id hate to have things like noise and heat come in the way of a good gaming experience. its like "oh i really want to play gta right now" but wait the console is going crazy. hopefully this sort of crap wont happen on the ps3, mind you i do have the very first model of ps2 so its the worst one out there.
Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:40 PM   #64
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

They also after a while have problems with the discs being read, because of a weak part inside. The old PS2's at least. The laser track gets worn out or something after a couple/few years.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #65
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, that's because DVD was fairly new at the time, like how Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are now. Toshiba's first-gen HD-DVD player was crap...it took forever just to get the player started up and reading times were horrid. The remote control sucked, it was BIG and it just wasn't worth the $500+ price tag. Now they rolled out the second-gen player and it's WAYYY better. Starting and reading times are much, much quicker and it's thinner in size too.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote