Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #51
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: PS3 vs Wii

Haha, though what will they do about that robot thats in the game, running off the "Cell processor?" :|

"I am running off the Xenon CPU..."

Motorstorm

Yeah, it was CG. Its gotten close to the CG video at E3 though which has surprised me, yet, they've gone and rushed the Japanese version, which is lacking alot of features the version over here is going to have later next year.

KillZone 2

The same goes for KillZone 2. Haha, that was CG, and they admitted it was afterwards, but, with the hype its created, its got to live up to its name now, or hell will probably break loose.

They have even gone as far as to say this:

"On the "semi-official" PS3 blog ThreeSpeech, Harrison said, "With Killzone, the expectation internally and externally is very high Ė and I wonít show it until itís going to exceed peopleís expectations." He added that he and Sony don't plan on showing the Guerilla Games-developed FPS until next year. "I can tell you, though, that some elements already exceed the trailer," Harrison said. "

Source:
http://www.killzoneps3.net/headlines/165457551.php

If they can pull that off in reality...hats off to them.
I'm more expecting though, MIB style pens coming in the box, and flashing everyone before they play it.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:53 PM   #52
Golden Master

Has Nintendo released those thicker straps or whatever yet?

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:00 PM   #53
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher

is a game really worth paying $60 for????? i would never pay that much for a damn video game.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:42 PM   #54
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yes. A lot of work goes into creating these games, unless it's from EA or something.

Google Guru, yeah. Nintendo now replaces any Wii straps for free. They're a bit thicker.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:57 AM   #55
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

KillZone2.. meh, the first one sucked if you ask me. Hopefully the 2nd will be more worthwhile.. now that the technology they are working with is actually suitable for a FPS game..

The framerate is so bad in the first one... uhhahhg.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:35 AM   #56
Golden Master

Haha, yeah. Killzone would've been better if the PS2's technological prowess wasn't so lackluster. Supposedly it was the "Halo Killer"...hah...right...

I'm not too excited about the second Killzone though. Sony totally ruined it for me when they pulled off that pre-rendered move at E3 back in 2005. They never formally admitted it either. When GameSpot asked them, they still said it was real-time. Arrogant and thick-headed to the end.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #57
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Blu-Ray, HD-DVD..... BFD!

Funny, I've never used any of my DVD capable gaming consoles to play DVDs. That's what my home DVD player is for.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:12 PM   #58
Golden Master

Well yeah, for those who already have dedicated Blu-Ray and HD-DVD players, having it in your console isn't a big deal, but since these are new formats, you can just have it along with your gaming console if you're an early adopter.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #59
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

I would probably use the HD-DVD drive on the Xbox 360 for movies, but I feel the console itself is too loud while playing discs.
Especially when playing games where the GPU fan speeds up too.

The PS3 is alot quieter apparently in operation.

But at the moment, I'm not that bothered abouut next generation movie formats, when DVD is still strong, and we have a standard definition telly. Backup, yes, movies? No.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #60
Golden Master

Eh, I'm not concerned about the loudness of the console. Usually I'm so into the game I hardly ever hear the noise.