PS3, Nintendo Wii, or XBox 360?

Zaki said:
you must be really stupid to STILL think that the ps3 is "so expensive" when compared to what others are offering, they give more, compared to how much it costs them to make it, they charge less. do you just want them to hand it out. and im glad if i sound bitchy because most xbox fans deserve it after desperately trying to make the ps3 look bad for the past 6 months, "oh the games cost too much".......xbox 360 games cost the same. "the console costs too much".....have fun paying extra to get an external hd-drive. "im ok with 1080i, whats the need for 1080p".....whats the need for any innovation i think we were doing just fine with xbox 1 and ps2. :rolleyes:

im glad i didnt spend the last half year siding blindly with xbox, because now it looks like crap compared to sony's features. :p
What if I just want a game console to play a game? what if I don't give a shit about 1080p? I just got done playing FarCry Instincts on my Xbox1 in 480i.. and it still looked amazing (don't get me wrong, 720p is damn sexy.)

I could care less for online play with game consoles, I have my PC for that. I could care less for some huge stinking hard drive in a console (until mod chips come out, of coarse) and I could care less if I could browse the web with it.. I have my pc for that!!

So honestly, with what I want, I would be saving myself money if I just bought a 360.
Zaki said:
oh of course! god forbid there's anything wrong with the 360, its perfect :rolleyes:

the early ps3's support backwards compatibility via actual hardware emulators, the next versions will support backwards compatibility through software only, this is what sony promises. i really dont know how soon or how cleanly this will be executed, one would think that having hardware emulators would allow users 100% backwards compatibility. btw ^ this info is from a report sony released a while back. thats why there is no way i would even consider buying a ps3 until they get past the hiccup stage. hopefully the software support will also bring down the price of the ps3.
looks to me like Microsoft will beat sony in the price department for a long time so sony will be relying on their customer loyalty heavily.
Nobody said it was perfect. Everybody knows the 360 had hiccups, and i'm doing what you are doing with the PS3.. waiting for the hiccups to subside.

as for customer loyalty..Sony already lost me there. Lying about the Killzone2 video pissed me off. Of all the stupid shit to lie about.

Face it, your a sony fanboy. Just because something can do SO MUCH MORE does not mean it's worth SO MUCH MORE... only if you want all that extra crap is it really worth it. Not everybody can afford a game console that costs as much as a mid-range gaming PC, let alone a 1080P television! the best one I have runs at 480i.

Though I will admit, if sony does as you say, supporting PS2 games via hardware, and PS1 games via software.. they are doing much better than the 360 is regarding backwards compatibility. A friend of mine brought his 360 over last week... played halo1 on a vga monitor.. looked good in 720P.. but the damn thing hiccups in network games... that and it couldn't even play Unreal Championship.. bah!

360 = $399.99
vga kit = $39.99

Theres my HD. ;)

MikeReiner said:
What if I just want a game console to play a game? what if I don't give a shit about 1080p? I just got done playing FarCry Instincts on my Xbox1 in 480i.. and it still looked amazing (don't get me wrong, 720p is damn sexy.)

I could care less for online play with game consoles, I have my PC for that. I could care less for some huge stinking hard drive in a console (until mod chips come out, of coarse) and I could care less if I could browse the web with it.. I have my pc for that!!

So honestly, with what I want, I would be saving myself money if I just bought a 360.

Nobody said it was perfect. Everybody knows the 360 had hiccups, and i'm doing what you are doing with the PS3.. waiting for the hiccups to subside.

as for customer loyalty..Sony already lost me there. Lying about the Killzone2 video pissed me off. Of all the stupid shit to lie about.

Face it, your a sony fanboy. Just because something can do SO MUCH MORE does not mean it's worth SO MUCH MORE... only if you want all that extra crap is it really worth it. Not everybody can afford a game console that costs as much as a mid-range gaming PC, let alone a 1080P television! the best one I have runs at 480i.

Though I will admit, if sony does as you say, supporting PS2 games via hardware, and PS1 games via software.. they are doing much better than the 360 is regarding backwards compatibility. A friend of mine brought his 360 over last week... played halo1 on a vga monitor.. looked good in 720P.. but the damn thing hiccups in network games... that and it couldn't even play Unreal Championship.. bah!

360 = $399.99
vga kit = $39.99

Theres my HD. ;)

no no, the ps3 is supposedly using hardware emulator right now for both ps2 and ps1 games. however in their next models of the ps3 they hope to use only software to provide backwards compatibility.

i've never dissmissed the 360 as a system, its like halo the game, it sticks to basics and does them well, without too much innovation.

liking one product more than the other doesnt exactly make you a fanboy, the people i call fanboys are those that spread rumors that have little to no truth behind them.

Zaki said:
no no, the ps3 is supposedly using hardware emulator right now for both ps2 and ps1 games. however in their next models of the ps3 they hope to use only software to provide backwards compatibility.

i've never dissmissed the 360 as a system, its like halo the game, it sticks to basics and does them well, without too much innovation.

liking one product more than the other doesnt exactly make you a fanboy, the people i call fanboys are those that spread rumors that have little to no truth behind them.
You have a point there. But there are some people... if you refer to this here..

well lets put it this way if i had just spent $600 or even $300 on a gaming system which didnt have any "killer app" id be dying to call any half-decent game the best thing in the world. in my opinion this is kind of what happend with halo (and is happening at a smaller scale with resistance fall of man right now) in the xbox, there weren't too many great games for xbox back then, and halo, an xbox exclusive, decent, game came out and people went crazy. its a bandwagon, it has too many fans. oh well.

really i dont see the argument of gears of war vs. halo vs. resistance they're all good games that people are dying to put in the category of zelda and metal gear solid. the innovation in gaming and story that other games bring is lacking in these "hollywood" type titles. i think most gamers would agree that they arent the most satisfying games, but are the best looking and best playing games so most of the casual gamers are taken by storm.

Zaki said:
well lets put it this way if i had just spent $600 or even $300 on a gaming system which didnt have any "killer app" id be dying to call any half-decent game the best thing in the world. in my opinion this is kind of what happend with halo (and is happening at a smaller scale with resistance fall of man right now) in the xbox, there weren't too many great games for xbox back then, and halo, an xbox exclusive, decent, game came out and people went crazy. its a bandwagon, it has too many fans. oh well.

really i dont see the argument of gears of war vs. halo vs. resistance they're all good games that people are dying to put in the category of zelda and metal gear solid. the innovation in gaming and story that other games bring is lacking in these "hollywood" type titles. i think most gamers would agree that they arent the most satisfying games, but are the best looking and best playing games so most of the casual gamers are taken by storm.
Lots of people (myself included) bought an xbox and a copy of halo just to play with friends. I looked at it as a pretty fun game to play when i've got friends over, and even better when a bunch of people wanted to get together and have a big lan. Without my friends to play it with, I probably would have never gotten halo. (I got the xbox mostly because I wanted to mod it, end of story there.)

Zaki said:
oh of course! god forbid there's anything wrong with the 360, its perfect :rolleyes:

the early ps3's support backwards compatibility via actual hardware emulators, the next versions will support backwards compatibility through software only, this is what sony promises. i really dont know how soon or how cleanly this will be executed, one would think that having hardware emulators would allow users 100% backwards compatibility. btw ^ this info is from a report sony released a while back. thats why there is no way i would even consider buying a ps3 until they get past the hiccup stage. hopefully the software support will also bring down the price of the ps3.
looks to me like Microsoft will beat sony in the price department for a long time so sony will be relying on their customer loyalty heavily.

Someone doesn't read. While everyone was whining about the BSOD's only some even tried putting their powerbricks in a ventilated area. After that it worked fine.

Well there is also the DVD drive issue where the drive scratches if you move it while it's in use. Why you would move it when it's on is pretty dumb, but hey...some people are just like that.

Yeah, I read about the PS3 backwards compatability issues. Probably software. There's also been some HD conversion issues on older HDTV's where instead of bringing it to 1080p from 720p, it drops it down to 480p. Most likely another software issue considering how half-assed the PS3's firmware is. The moment you plug it in...BAM! You have updates. :p

EDIT>>> Just read the above posts. Mike, I agree with you there on Sony's customer service. I don't hate the PS3, even if I think it's not worth it at all. It's a damn powerful gaming machine and it does have some great games (Metal Gear Solid 4!). The thing I hate is Sony. Just lying about that Killzone E3 2005 pre-rendered video lost a ton of respect from me. Then listening to Ken Kutaragi's ridiculous rants and qwirks just made me lost more respect for him. Now I think he's crazy as hell. I mean seriously...the Xbox 360 is a "Xbox 1.5" or how the PS3 Online is going to be some "4D Matrix"...right...someone had too much crack. :rolleyes:

alvino said:
how the PS3 Online is going to be some "4D Matrix"...right...someone had too much crack. :rolleyes:
Yeahhhh... I think i'd settle for a standard server browser myself.

i wonder if sony will ever make a psp2 like a second version of the psp

I think the psp failed enough already. Their whole UMD idea failed miserably.. like everything else they try to make main stream.

Back
Top Bottom