Pc To T.v

firefight

Solid State Member
If you wanted to run you t.v as a PC monitor, what is the best way of going about it.

Cable wise.

umm ^^ not gonna agree with you bud. S-video connection is gonna be the best unless you have an HDTV. With the S-video connection you will be at the mercy of your video card as to whether or not it has the port for it.

wmorri - tv tuner is for getting cable broadcast on your computer, not for using your TV as a monitor. TV tuner = input, Video Card = output.

best option if your t.v has it would be VGA or DVI, second best option is s-video,

reason for that being that s-video doesnt display text very well you will have to have your res at like 800 X 600 through s-video

s video cable

S-Video is horrible for a HDTV.

Go with a DVI to HDMI cable thats how I hook mine up. DVI plugs into the computer then it converts to HDMI that way you can use your native resolution rather than having everything stretched.

Check out www.monoprice.com or www.newegg.com for cheap cables. I think I paid like $8 bucks for my 12 foot DVI to HDMI.

If you can't go that route go DVI to DVI.

S-Video is so 90's.....

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;784199 said:
He already said he got a HDTV in one of his first posts in here. Granted it wasn't this one but having helped him in the following thread I already new.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=70125

Thats why I recommended what I did.

in that case buy an vga/dvi to hdmi port for you tv a tv tuner card is only for recording and if he had that he needs to post that in the thread, also its a good idea to get a dvi to rca portt (the three prongs) you can pick up[ those at newegg.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;784199 said:
He already said he got a HDTV in one of his first posts in here. Granted it wasn't this one but having helped him in another thread here I new what he had.

http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=782351&postcount=12

Thats why I recommended what I did.

good call, I hadn't seen his other post. Most people that have an hd one say it pretty specfically. Either a dvi->hdmi cable or if your computer has the vga input option you can use a vga cable to plug in as well.

Back
Top Bottom